HELP, NOW! I'm gonna crash soon and I got thermal paste all over me!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HELP, NOW! I'm gonna crash soon and I got thermal paste all over me!

Hybrid View

HELP, NOW! I'm gonna crash soon and I got thermal paste all over me!

AMDK7, ok, got the box off it, put it in, YEAH, still works

BUT, how the hell do I reattach the fan??? This is gonna crash soon

I mean, the fan goes good on top, but what do I use to make it stick? glue? Silver/thermal/silicon paste? And one more thing, the thermal paste/whateverpaste how much do I use, there is the chip itself and a little "box" on top that says K7650etc, use a lot? It's supposed to be very little right?

ONE more thing, YEAh, HAPPY, bought a K7500 and it's a 650 under the hood

How to reattach the fan depends on how you removed it in the first place. If you've removed it, why replace te stock K7 HSF? Go with an aftermarket high performance replacement HSF such as the Global Win VOS32 or a Alpha P7125. Use a thermal epoxy (glue) only as a last alternative. As far as thermal compounds, use sparingly, too much becomes an insulator instead. Smooth on a complete but thin layer on the CPU itself.

------------------
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

What would you do about the cap? The hs isn't going to come in complete contact with the cpu...

------------------
    Steve Murray is fat.
    Why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free?

First of all it's not the standard fan, it's a fan that I can't realy remember the name of right now... think it's fkk-50 or something (or it was that I thought about buying and I got another one cuz it was better), it keeps my cpu at 22 degrees on a heavy load now..

Second. http://www4.tomshardware.com/cpu/99q...lonocfront.jpg

there is a little "box" on the top of the athlon that has the product id and such on it, now it hoovers a LITTLE over the chip, should I use a lot of silver/thermal/silicon paste to make the chip behind it connect to the HS or should I not?

And third, a friend of mine said silver+thermal paste = white glue, use that to attach the fan, would that work?

http://www.globalcool.net/fkk50.html

That's my fan. Bought it cuz it was cheap and supposed to be good, I got quite an amount of case cooling aswell btw. (and a few fans built onto my screencard

Hmm, when I talked to a guy on a chatboard he said take the entire thing off, that means plastic and metal plate, and when I talk to globalcool they say plastic only so the fan can sit on the metal plate, I took the entire thing off, should I try to put the metal back on? And if so should I take of the thermal clish on the plate and mash on some thermal paste?

Hmm, so this is what that have been my problem earlier... when I put the metal plate back on I had a HARD time getting it on, and when I put it in it would'nt work (**** nerves... shaking me , I took it back off after experimenting a little and it worked immediatly, so I don't realy want to put it back on..

BUT... how can I get the fan on? I found my silicon based thermal compound on the floor, it was some left after I steped on it...

There is 3x2 holes in the fan, two (1 on each side) for holding the things that attaches to the athlon's metal plate, and 2 on each side that seems to match the holes that are for the bolts, think I can use those holes? I would realy love some input here.

http://www.athlonoc.com/vos_mounting_p1.htm check this site out. Hope this helps

------------------
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!

Thanks for your help guys, I'v figured it out, the reason it did'nt work when I put the metal plate on was a little "thing" on the plastic attacher that locks onto the CPU on the mobo, I cut it off and now I can get the cpu down in the mobo

I had this problem b4 aswell, I could'nt get that CPU down in the mobo right, when I went on LAN I always needed a screwdriver to open my cabinet and push the CPU back in

Thread Information