OCing a CII- Problems!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: OCing a CII- Problems!

OCing a CII- Problems!

I have a CII 533, running on a Soyo 6VCA MOBO. I am also using a MSI Slocket adapter. I current am running at 75MhzFSB but had an error pop up loading windows that said SBlive IRQ something or other(i forgot to right it down) . I purchased this CPU as a cream of the crop unit, but I have not been able to get it above 800Mhz. I have the sloket set to 100mhzVirtually and voltage to auto. Almost everytime I think i've got it figured out and raise my FSB to 100 everything goes to @$ll in a shopping cart and the system wont even give me a beep at start-up! I then have to reset my CMOS and reinstall all my drivers. I hate reinstalling drivers! It's annoying!
    I am also using SBlive Value, 20GBMaxtorHDD, TNT2M64, 2 PC100 Dimms a 32mg and a 64mg. Detonator 2 drivers and Ver3SBL drivers and software plus the latest 4in1 drivers from Soyo.

Thank you, Gene.

[This message has been edited by KilrB (edited 06-17-2000).]
    KilrB's PC
    Abit NF7-S Rev2
    XP2100+ @ 200x11.5 2300Mhz
    512MB Corsair XMS Platnium PC3200 Ultra Low Latency CAS222
    Tyan Tachyon G9700 Pro w/Zalman ZM80a-HP Heatpipe
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

"Fat, Drunk and Stupied is now way to go threw life Son!" Quote: Dean Wormer.... Animal House

Look in your device manager for any yellow exclamation marks aka conflicts. If there is you may have to manually set the irq for your sblive. Do you have enough cooling for that CII?

Im using a golden orb, and my temps have never gotten above 30Deg C. And i have no conflicts in the device manager. In the Properties/Resourses of SBLive the numbers I have are, Interrupt request of 11, input-output range 1460-147F. I Do not not know what that means?
    Gene
    KilrB's PC
    Abit NF7-S Rev2
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

"Fat, Drunk and Stupied is now way to go threw life Son!" Quote: Dean Wormer.... Animal House

Oh Yeah, anouther thing. When loading windows I get a message that claims that SBlive emulation driver not loading? I have the latest SBlive drivers installed and once into windows the sound works great.

\Anyone?

Gene
    KilrB's PC
    Abit NF7-S Rev2
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Try setting the voltage to 1.8 and see if that gets it to run a little more stable. The 533a needs a little extra juice to OC it.
    Coppermine 750@900+
    Asus CUSL2
    Mosel PC146 256MEGS
    MSI Geforce2PRO 64megs
    Windows ME/2000
    My Cruddy Webpage/Resume
    http://www.geocities.com/rarraflled

Yeah up the juice as the man says, mine wont do jack **** at 1.5v, but is rock solid at 800mhz at 1.65v and 896 rock solid at 1.95, tho i think i need a pelt to cool it at 1.95 as it'll crash out after long periods of gaming.

Hey there lil' fella! I reckon I may be able to help, first off on the Slocket make sure you specify a jumper setting ie make sure auto is off, I have some sort of slocket for my 566 and had jumpers but also a row of yellow switches, I dialled em all away from auto and the voltage went through, though the bios should be able to see what you should be getting.... As for teh SBLive, that needs a reinstall, those emulation drivers are for DOS or some crap like that, do a custom install specifying no emulation drivers. If all goes well you should clear 800, my 566 is running at 850@1.85 volts, with Rain it ranges from 23/24-40! QUake 3 isn't stable fromw hat I experienced at the last LAN, then again I am on stock cooling, which should be changed shortly with the articooler. Try higher than 1.7 witht he 533, though keep it under 2!!! Good luck!

Thread Information