OT again - My SB live! Value and my Athlon system - help in any way you can please
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: OT again - My SB live! Value and my Athlon system - help in any way you can please

OT again - My SB live! Value and my Athlon system - help in any way you can please

Well, I have done everything to get this working (BIOS update, chnage PCI slot, latest drivers...everything) but it does not. I thought it was a faulty card, but I got a new one and the same problem arises. I know it is not down to the processor as my friend has an Athlon 650 and it works fine. Well, anyway, the problem always happens in games, where they just quit or give an error after about 3 mins. I know this is a driver problem, but Creative don't know anything.

I am going to call them on monday but I doubt they can help - do you guys have ANY advice?

USSVoyager

------------------
    Speed is everything - Warp factor 9, Mr. Sulu!

Reinstall DirectX 7.0a
    You people who think you know everything really piss people like me off who really do know everything.
    http://geocities.com/r337m0nk3y/net/smileysex5.gif

I only have DirectX 7.0 - do you think 7.0a will solve it?

USSVoyager

------------------

What motherboard r u using?? because the sb live has problems (the same as you r describing) with the abit ATA 66 drivers/hardware the only way to solve this is to disable the ata 66

just my pennith worth hope it helps

well i dunno. i have an SB live and an athy 600 at 916, it works great for me.. try going into the directX diag, and test your sound. and go into your syslog it'll tell you why your sound card stoped. what is the error? maybe try some older drivers. and or not using direct sound., does it do it in all game? or just one? check the games sight for an update maybe... i dunno. keep complaning to CL.
    iAMDking.
    "Is it worth it to give your heart away, and live for a great period of joy, risking the chance to have your heart broken? If your heart does get broken, was it worth it to give it away? - Me"

I have an MS-6167 motherboard. I do have UDMA66 on though - I will try disabling it. Thanks for the tip m1x, I hope it works

USSVoyager

------------------

i'm running dx6.1 still (7a is waaay to slow), what i usually do w/ the sblive is I install as little as possible, then uninstall everything but the actual driver... seems to work fine

hope you get your ducks in a row!

------------------
    Old McDonald had a gig, E-I-E-I-O
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

Tried the UDMA66 idea - no luck. i set it to UDMA33 and it still screwed up - This is really starting to piss me off. Do you guys think it could be a dodgy MB?

USSVoyager

------------------

Hrmmm... I think the problem is your CPU... I would get an Intel to solve the problem... Hee hee hee..

grrrr...
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

Thread Information