overclocking a dfi p5bv3+ with an amd k6-2 450
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: overclocking a dfi p5bv3+ with an amd k6-2 450

overclocking a dfi p5bv3+ with an amd k6-2 450

how can i overclock this. im using a program called softfsb. if there are any easier please help me out. i have an amd450 k6-2 64meg 66mhz ram. soft fsb requires that i imput the PLL-IC Clock generator type and i need the type of access.. simple, normal, special, irongate, ich, programmable or SiS5595. then the databyte modification number and the check counter number. please help me if theres an easier way thanx.
    Nick Wakefield
    AZAvenger
    ASOG Southwest Arizona Representative

I have this same board with a amd 400. The only way to overclock it is to use the dip switches on the motherboard. I dont have the software you are talking about, but I"m pretty sure the switches are the only way.

J1CS is correct, you have to use the DIP switches on the mobo. Do you have a manual? If not, I have one somewhere. I've used this board several times and the DIP switches are the only way I know of.

You need to set your multiplier to 5 and your Front Side Bus to 95mhz and see if she boots. This would be 475mhz and the first step up on your board. If all is stable, keep your multiplier at 5 and change your FSB to 100mhz and see if it boots and is stable. This would be 500mhz. You may have to bump your core voltage up a little to get stable. This is also done with DIP switches on your board. DO NOT EXCEED .3v more than standard voltage! This can fry your chip! Also, bumping voltage increases heat so you need a good heatsink like an ALPHA or GlobalWin to keep things cool.

Let me know if you dont have a manual, I can help with settings. Or, you can download the manual in PDF format from DFI.com website.

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by AMDnut (edited 06-09-2000).]
    Main DVD MM Rig:
    CoolerMaster Storm Scout
    AM3 Phenom II x4 955BE @ 3.6 ghz
    Corsair H50 Watercooling kit
    4.0 GB AData DDR3
    GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P Mainboard
    Western Digital 750GB 7200rpm w/32mb cache
    Samsung 750GB 7200rpm w/32mb cache
    Western Digital 1.0TB 7200rpm w/32mb cache
    LG 20x DVDRW-DL "SuperDrive"