Overclocking Athlon help!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Overclocking Athlon help!!!

Overclocking Athlon help!!!

I have a FIC-SD11 motherboard and AMD-700.
    I just bought a Maximizer OC card and it doesn't work very well. The max I can go is 750MHz. This is not a substantial gain. The guy (Road Rebel aka Rober Allison) said that I need to mod my cache level to 1/3 or 2/5. How do I do this???

ok so you haven opened the case. look at the top center of the chip.. you'llsee numbers. like R101, R102, and so on. the resister on R101 needs to be moved to R102, that should be all you need to do.. if the resister is already on R102 then you need to go to a web page and see how to change them.
    overclockershideout has a good review on how to do this. i have done this to my 600 and it's at 916 as i type this. so your 700 should get 800+ EASY. don't go above the 1.6V untill youget to 850, then just go to 1.7V that is all you'l ever need. maybe 1.75. my 600 does 916 at 1.65-1.7 V so good luck.
    iAMDking.
    "Is it worth it to give your heart away, and live for a great period of joy, risking the chance to have your heart broken? If your heart does get broken, was it worth it to give it away? - Me"

i have opened the case. but i'm not aware of the resistor. where is the webpage that i can view to change them.

Or, get the L2 cache modifier made by H-Oda. Then get SoftFSB also made by H-Oda
    You people who think you know everything really piss people like me off who really do know everything.
    http://geocities.com/r337m0nk3y/net/smileysex5.gif

Originally posted by OverclockingAddict:
    Or, get the L2 cache modifier made by H-Oda. Then get SoftFSB also made by H-Oda
    when i get the fsb and cpua2, how do i use it? am i the only one who has problem with overclocking athlon???

Thread Information