DAMM H2O equipment
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: DAMM H2O equipment

DAMM H2O equipment

Where can I get equipment for a H20 cooler? I realise i can't buy a water block in my standard computer store or a radiator from an electronics store. How much all up could i expect to pay 2 build a cheap H2O cooler?

------------------
    Alright, due to too many complaints about my old sig, I shall not write any more in this sig incase anyone finds this present sig offensive.
    Thank you for booting windows for the first time "Error, This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown"

You can find waterblocks online, and you can find radiators at car part stores. Small transmission fluid coolers seem to work well. You can find pumps at home improvement stores, and the tubing to connect the parts.

I'd say you should figure at least $70 for a real basic setup using decent components. You could probably do it for less but I think you'd see a big difference in quality.

Good Luck
    Long Live The BP6!

Mine was about $300 all together.
    You people who think you know everything really piss people like me off who really do know everything.
    http://geocities.com/r337m0nk3y/net/smileysex5.gif

I'm not to fond of net shopping, could i get a h2o block from a hardware store? What should i look for in a h2o pump?
    Thank you for booting windows for the first time "Error, This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown"

I'm gonna bump you to the top... since I dont know. Probably GPH and price?
    Long Live The BP6!

Get a 100GPH or better pump, submersible or inline would be a selection you'd have to make. But submersibles are easier to work with, although you will need room for a water tank.
    The pump has to be certified for 24H usage, you wouldn't want your pump to stop and make your cpu cook now would you
    The hose connector should be around 10mm in diameter for a decent waterflow.

------------------
    - http://badsector.mainpage.net -

System tweaking, viking style

[This message has been edited by D|sElMiNk (edited 06-08-2000).]
    Carpe noctem!

Thread Information