whats the best motherboad for cellis
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: whats the best motherboad for cellis

whats the best motherboad for cellis

im thinking of getting a celleron 700 and was wondering whats the best motherboad for overclocking it and also proformance
    allways happy to help

any BX chipset based mobo is fine...

if you wanna get the most out of celeron, go with the Be62 becasue of SoftmenuIII which lets you increase the FSB by the increments of 1 from 83mhz to 200mhz

salt

------------------

I would agree. I am running a Celeron 533A on an old BH6 and the biggest thing I wish I had was fsb speeds between 100 and 124. I would be very surprised if you got over a 124 fsb considering the multiplier that thing must have. The Abit with all those glorious fsb's would allow you to eek the most out of the CPU.

------------------
    2-ethoxy 3,(5 or 6) dimethyl pyrazine = Roasted Hazelnut
    Cassis Extract = smell of cat piss

L-Carvone, if you want more FSB options, download SoftFSB and use the clock generator IC-Works W204x and you get lots more FSB options for the BH6.
    You people who think you know everything really piss people like me off who really do know everything.
    http://geocities.com/r337m0nk3y/net/smileysex5.gif

Any idea what the clock gen for the Abit BX6 rev2 is, since there is a huge 100-112 gap in fsb's for me atm, and i'd like to try something around 107?
    Thanks

Utini : take a good look at your board (oh, it helps looking in the manual to find out roughly where on the motherboard the clockgenerator sits ) and you'll find it. It's an ICworks1604 or something, don't quite remember, but I know it wasn't hard to find out when I had the BX6 r2.

I'd recommend the BF6 over the BE6 ][ - they're supposed to be identical - minus ATA66 and plus a pci slot (no IRQ for that one though ), but I've heard of too many wierd quirks on the BE6 ][.
    But then again I would say that wouldn't I, since I chose the BF6 over the BE6 ][
    (okay, at the time the only thing stopping me was the money)

You will definately want to go with a BX chipset, the VIA's are ALMOST as fast as the BX's when tweaked to their max, but you probably won't need that 1/2 AGP divider - so what's the point ? (forget about native ATA66,512mb DIMM support and all that crap )

------------------
    Ich bin eine wienerschnitzel !
    Carpe noctem!

No **** Overclocking Addict!!!!!!!! Oh man, you may have just made my friggin day!!!!!!!

Yee Hah!

------------------
    2-ethoxy 3,(5 or 6) dimethyl pyrazine = Roasted Hazelnut
    Cassis Extract = smell of cat piss

I had a check, and got it working, but it just gives me the same options as bios with the addition of 103mhz, damn wanted something like 107. Oh well, ta for the help anyway.

Thread Information