Overclocking a Pentium III 750mhz, need advice
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Overclocking a Pentium III 750mhz, need advice

Digital Realm.

Overclocking a Pentium III 750mhz, need advice

Hey guys, looking for some advice

I am running a Pentium III 750mhz on an Asus P3C-2000 Motherboard, i820 chipset, 320mb of 100mhz Micron ram, and a VooDoo3 3000 not over clocked.

Anyway I have gotten this far..
    I have a Vantech 2 fan cooler with heatsink on the cpu, with Silicon thermal compound lightly spread between the heatsink and cpu.

I have gotten the system to run 100% stable at 855mhz, which is Multiplier of 7.5, FSB speed of 114mhz, with the ram also running at 114mhz.

Well, the CPU is currently sitting at 26c/78f on the temp, and motherboard is 29c/84f on the temp, with a fan speed of 5273rpm, If I wasn't online right now, the CPU would drop down to room temp.. around 72f.

Either way, I can't get it to go any higher, the 116mhz FSB gives windows errors, cause I think the memory is not keeping up with it and mabey the PCI bus running so fast.

I can however get the Internal MHZ at 133mhz, and keep the Memory clock at 100mhz with this board, but 133mhz+7.5+100mhz memory=no post. Oh, BTW, the cpu is running at 1.65v, which is normal for the 750, I have tried a few other higher voltages, I will try the rest in the morning, do I attempt 1.95? Safe? Any ideas would be great!.

Phiber Optik-
    Digital Realm-
    Phiber Optik-
    Digital Realm-

The origin of stupidity - Alabama
    1.95 = fry!
    1.8 = max.
    1.75 = good.
    1.7 = better.

Anyways, I think this is the upper limit of the CPU's without active cooling. When my TECs get here, I will try for higher speeds with my 750 and post results.
    You people who think you know everything really piss people like me off who really do know everything.

Thread Information