Alpha PEP66 + neo s370 PLEASE Advise
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Alpha PEP66 + neo s370 PLEASE Advise

Alpha PEP66 + neo s370 PLEASE Advise

ok, my question is pretty coplicated, so here it goes.

i want to upgrade my current dual 366@512 system to a pretested 533@800. This upgrade will require the neo s370 convetor for my BP6 and i am wondering if the pep66 or FC-PAL35 will fit on the motherboard with it sitting ontop of the convertor (if it will or will not bump into the capaciators). also i am worried about the clip that comes with the alpha. i have heard that if the clip is too tight, it will break the chip. is this the case with the pep66 or FC-PAL35? and then, also is the issue with the fan orientation(pep66), can you change it so that it sits like a conventional heatsink? my power supply is almost directly over the sockets for the cpus and i am worried somewhat about that. o yea, is the a good place to get all this stuff that i want?

thanks
    allen

------------------
    Visit My WebPage!
    www.gosanjose.8m.com
    My AOL Instant Messanger screen name is:
    "gosanjose"

[This message has been edited by GOSHARKS (edited 05-21-2000).]

My friend has a PEP66 and a TEC, I don't know about the surface area that may get into the way. But i know that You probaby can use both PEP66 or FC-PAL with that converter becasue my friend could fit a coldpate + tec under the heatsink...for both of them.

salt

------------------
    PayPal ROCKS

I just put a FDP-32 on a NEO adapter if that HUGH hs/fan will fit, yours should too, you must use a copper spacer on any FC-PGA,if you dont your hs/fan will rock and crack the core that sticks up, you need to apply very lite pressure to the chips core, bend the clip on hs/fan to adjust its hold down.

v-8, both of the heatsinks that i am looking at have little feet on the bottom to help them stand up.

does anyone know if if either of them will fit on a bp6?

Thread Information