WARNING! SERIOUS EMAIL VIRUS! PLEASE READ! - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WARNING! SERIOUS EMAIL VIRUS! PLEASE READ!

Viruses will keep getting worse and worse. Soon they will make a virus that will kill hardware, for example. It will go straight to the bios instead of lingering like chernobyl. I bet you .02.

Jeff

I dont think that would work because not everyone has the same BIOS, what would work would be to write something for all AWARD BIOSs or Pheonix BIOSes, then we'd be screwed.

------------------
    Please don't provoke the poor people..........
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I got an e-mail with the title 'How to stop the Love Letter virus' complete with attachment. I deleted it immediately, the only useful advice it could possibly have held was to delete the message immediately, which I knew to do anyway.

Call me paranoid, but if I wanted to continue the spread of the virus that is exactly the sort of title I would use to rename the original. If people are stupid enough to open spurious attachments I imagine that is exactly the sort of title they'd trust.

Has anyone else had any counter-virus messages like that?
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

I got an e-mail with the title 'How to stop the Love Letter virus' complete with attachment. I deleted it immediately, the only useful advice it could possibly have held was to delete the message immediately, which I knew to do anyway.

Call me paranoid, but if I wanted to continue the spread of the virus that is exactly the sort of title I would use to rename the original. If people are stupid enough to open spurious attachments I imagine that is exactly the sort of title they'd trust.

Has anyone else had any counter-virus messages like that?
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

Viral side-effect!!!

I don't know if this a new "urban legend" or something, but I heard from many different and reliable sources that the Loveletter virus had a sub-program in it that would download another virus from some web site "I can't remenber it's name" and that second virus UPLOADED ALL OF YOUR PASSWORD AND PERSONNAL CODE LISTS AND FILES ON THAT SITE !!!

That's what I call dangerous... What's the problem in loosing a few pics and mp3s compared to seeing your passwords, credit card numbers and all that kind of private stuff all over the web?
    Mind over matter;
    THAT is the true power!

Man, when are they going to ship PCs with neural net processing units?

http://www.f-secure.com/virus-info/u...stall-vbs.html

[This message has been edited by big jim57 (edited 05-06-2000).]

Thread Information