Hey DMMD!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hey DMMD!

Hey DMMD!

Hey, I am typing this up from wk2! It's 5 A.M. and after a gazillion attemps at NT4, I finally managed to harrass my girl friend's cousin to lend me his copy for "evaluation purposes"

Lets roll out the WU's!

Why, now that you mention it, let's just go ahead and do just that.

Wasn't that a simple load, compared with NT.

I couldn't believe it at first, but it actually detected, and loaded an approprite driver for my 36190 PCI/SCSI card. Doesn't sound like much, but I was impressed.

You and B/K are doing some serious buiseness, I see.

LG has some great news on his site; and 'fraid I posted their a few times for giggles.

DMMD

------------------
    For the less, even as for the great, there exists some deed that he may accomplish but ounce only; and in that deed his soul shall rest.

Feanor

[This message has been edited by DMMD (edited 04-30-2000).]

yup, piece of cake compared to NT4. Hey man, how come you still up? What time is it where you are?

I actually had NT4 running, but I guess it didn't like any of the NIC I had or my network as I couldn't connect to any of the computer on my network. Anyhow, I am gonna d/l software and get crunching! Any tips for configuring w2k for crunching SETI?

Well, NO its only 2:45 am here, since I've been up for the last 26, it doesn't realy matter. Been trying to rally the troops while also getting rid of all this needless bad blood. I just did my last post under your OCN SETI name change thread. It was with TN, who I realy respect.

The only thing I'd say about w2k and seti is it seems particularly good with the CL version that DLs with SETICACHE. Which is a good idea to use anyways, 'cause the SETI SERVERS have bunked and are beeing "upgraded" alot these days.

So, now I have to offer LINUX, since you've got W2K.

What flavor would you like; we have a smart number in Red_Hat6.2, a zippy little Correl only driven to OCN SETI on Sundays, several low mileage SuSes, a sweet little mandrake;

What'll it be?

Great job with you and B/K,

Hope the group will be back tomorrow.

Sorry man, I'm sending in 5 more WUs, and going to bed.

Its a great team!

DMMD

------------------
    For the less, even as for the great, there exists some deed that he may accomplish but ounce only; and in that deed his soul shall rest.

Feanor

[This message has been edited by DMMD (edited 04-30-2000).]

Goodnite, man ... and ... hee hee ... I have a version of Linux behind me already ... and another HD (the second HD from my former RAID setup) ... I am gonna try it tomorrow, but I am not sure if I will be able to connect to my network (cuz I need that for my internet connection) as the rest of my network are using w98se (including my internet connection server).

Anyhow, you will probably see this tomorrow, so once again, sleep tight. I gotta grab some zzzzz's too!

u two clowns still up?
    whatever

Thread Information