I'm only 2 yrs old
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I'm only 2 yrs old

I'm only 2 yrs old

Hey guys:

We now have 2*2yr+ members.

I promised some fireworks this weekend, its not going to happen. SORRY. I got to busy today.

2050, though.

And I will have the cluster online soon, HW and SW OCing.

And I will have the MIPS MONSTER OC project online in the first two weeks of May.

This last one I'll post time and date, it WILL be a HOOT, It'll start on a weekend, maybe we could christen several team OCN efforts jointly.

By numbers, we're back at 196, or so.

This is the team to watch; proud to be one of yur!

Its great to have an envigorating challenge occur, and watch your team mates rise to the occasion.

And PC, your in the top performers, Congrats, its just that you OC so well, your WU/Time is better than your immediate neighborhood.

And you rascal, its pretty close to mine!

DMMD

------------------
    For the less, even as for the great, there exists some deed that he may accomplish but ounce only; and in that deed his soul shall rest.

Feanor

[This message has been edited by DMMD (edited 04-29-2000).]

Oh, and B/K NO:

What a dogfight!

Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!

------------------
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

I lost about 2 WU's today ... had a crash when I was out for like 10 hrs ... I will see if I have time tonight to dismantel my IDE RAID 0 and try to install NT for the gazillionth time!

NO:

I have RAID 0, on my office KAYAK, twin Seagate cheetahs.

I agree with the suggestion on the other post RE multiple dial-ups.

W2K does it better, and is more stable, and is more forgiving to OC than NT.

And its easier to (re)install.

And its yours................

What a dogfight!

DMMD

[This message has been edited by DMMD (edited 04-29-2000).]

Oh, and NiteOwl;

What's your infatuation with RAID, especially with non-SCSI?

I Am Just Asking.

When I incur the risk of RAID 0; its usually because I absolutely have to have it. If this is a SETI machine and you have 128-256 of RAM your interaction with the HD can be minimized, ie HD performance is not so critical.

And if your going to RAID 0; SCSI is best suited to give you stability and performance.

Just a thought or two, from somebody that has reloaded MS products more than he cares to admit.

DMMD

------------------
    For the less, even as for the great, there exists some deed that he may accomplish but ounce only; and in that deed his soul shall rest.

Feanor

no infatuation, just wanted to try it out. I liked it, and it was fun, but I think I am going back to normal EIDE now and try to run more different OS for now ... I am still considering your offer (thanks), but I just wanna give NT4 a few more tries before I move on

Thats it. You convinced me. I am going to buy the new case today and start building my new dual CuMine SETI Beast.

My Life for OCN SETI!

Mabie that was a little too excited? How about this.

Viva La OCN SETI!

That is a little less crazy.

------------------
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

You're using Seagate Cheetah's on an IDE RAID system? Am I getting this right?

Oh, did you ever get that T-15 you were looking for?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hey Toolbox:

No, I have two Seagate Cheetahs plugged into a RAID PCI/SCSI card and configured for RAID 0. The card has 16 MB of dedicated on card disk cash, so the whole shebang did noticeably improve performance in a qualitative sense. I haven't gotten around to benching it as its one of my "fooling" around 'puters, not one of the important boxes.

And I decided against the T-15 'cause the system I was building included a WTX form factor MoBo. So I went for the Addtronics 8500, with the 460 Watt NBH WTX PS. Thing sounds like a goddamn hovercraft. Man, do you have a memory; that was back in Jan, or so.
    I am building another system which includes some new stuff from AMD, and I'm putting it in a BLACK FK-320; BLACK, like a MUSTANG.

LG, anxious to hear about your new system, when she's up 'n crunchn'!

DMMD

------------------

Feanor

Not sure exactly what it will be yet, but I am going to base it on either the BP6 or the next version if Abit is nice enough to surprise us with a new dual processor toy.

Wait a minut. I just had a thought. I'll just hold my money for a month or two. He he. AMD is about to bring out their first dual processor chipset! I hope to hell it takes DDR memory.

------------------

It will, it'll be called 770, and along with DDR, dual Athys (Mustang "rumorred" to be configurable with up to 2MB L2 running at CPU clock) it "might" be something to wait for. TBird just around the corner, too.

Its a great time to be a HW freak!

DMMD

------------------

Feanor

Amen to that. The dual AMD setup is supposed to run AMP(asymetric multi processing) instead of SMP(symetric multi processing). That will kick so much ***! No more of that Intel junk about each processor takeing turns waiting on the other to run a thread. It will be true dual processing. The full power of two machines in one.

Thread Information