Time Warner should ba ashamed,,,,
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Time Warner should ba ashamed,,,,

Time Warner should ba ashamed,,,,

I posted this in the Off Topic forum but I only got one reply, I don't think I am liked over there

I just spent 1 hour on the phone with some loser from tech support because my email will not send out. I can receive emails still. he goes on to say it is a problem on my end because of he has nothing flashing a problem with the mail servers.

Any ways he makes me change my pop server, smtp server, still no go. then he tells me to switch default email addresses. no go. then he makes me delete them all and reinstall them still no go... WTF

Now this pin head it ticking me off cause he is acting like I don't know what the problem is. I said it was thier SMTP server. he tells me that a wrong password can give me a "failed to connect to server error" Yeah right.

now it is still not working. he says he can do nothing more than sent it to level 3 tech. {b]Big Deal[/b] gives me a number only after I run 3 different things from start\run in windows. then he says that there is a problem with my outlook and to call back in the morning when the techs get in. after 8am...

OK, now that I am ticked already, I decide to reboot to see if that could have been it. nope. then I think I should check the network status page that Time Warner Road Runner has. guess what on 4-25-2000 @ 5:58 pm there is a problem with one of the mail servers and it is being looked into...look @ this link for your self http://www.rochester.rr.com/RoadRunner/Status/

so now I am even more pissed since this guy said for a hour it was my outlook so I called him back and chewed his a$$ out and you know what he says...

the network status page and our system don't always reflect all issues all the time!
    ok then don't you think you should check them before you make a person spend a hour screwing around with outlook and telling them it is thier outlook and nothing wrong with the RR servers?

yes I/we as in all RR employees should check that webpage before going thur all of this! I am sorry I did it, and I hope you enjoy Road Runner by Time Warner.

What a crock os ****...

------------------
    jopecooler industries: We aim to mame, sever, and dice up any extremitity you have left to use. And if you have Ziplocks we will package it to go!

Join the HWC - OCN Drinking List on ICQ 67864797

All new Join the Q3/UT Acitive List. 70498309 (Please, Gaming members only!)
    whatever

You need any help?? I'm sure me and some of my friends can pay him a visit:

[img]http://www.duckmanswildpage.com/allkindsof****/evil1.jpg[/img]

Duckman

------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    Duckman's Wild Page
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

Where in Rochester are you jopey? I was wondering why the mail wasn't working yesterday, too. I checked out the status page, and there it was. Should have called me!
    "It was a good lay........"

I'm a twcny.rr customer too, and my wife noticed the same outage. I don't call rr for anything anymore except billing issues. My PC is her internet server, and since my browser was working fine I had her leave her mail in the outbox and told her I'd try it for her later. Later on, it worked fine for me...I didn't even bother looking at their status page.

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

damn, i've got twcny.rr.com too... glad i don't use it (i use cornell mail)

------------------
    One K-club down, one to go
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

Aha! Ithaca, Antartica!

I got an MP5 and a shovel, they would never find his body just tell if you want me to or not.

Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

i've always wanted one of those MP5-10's

------------------
    One K-club down, one to go
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

Dam I didn't even know so many lived so close to me

live 40 minutes east of Rochester. in a place called Newark, yes I am a 315er but never was born into it

and zodder umm what would you have done? you work for TW?
    whatever

I don't work for them, but we could have at least double-teamed the ignorant sap at tech support!

Being that you're a 315er, you know I have to ask this: Do you have all your teeth?

i'll say time-warner sucks. they're dragging their feet on cable modem access where i live. seems like all the surrounding areas (with different cable TV companies) are selling cable modem access except itme warner. (and, of course, no DSL support for the place i live in either). weenies. the lot of 'em.
    ezekiel 25:17

I second that... I live near Milwaukee and have nagged TW several times to upgrade this area to cable access and they always reassure me that I'll see it in the 2nd quarter of 2000... BS. Probaby won't see it until next year at the earliest. Dammit...

------------------
    i'm sotally tober... drot nunk at all... i swear...
    i'm sotally tober... drot nunk at all... i swear...

yeah I still have all of my teeth! just being a 315er doesn't mean I am dumb like the resst of them. I only moved here 3 years ago!

u listen to WCMF at all?
    whatever

Thread Information