Unofficial voltages
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Unofficial voltages

Unofficial voltages

I asked this same question in the CPU section, so ignore this if you have already been there.

Right, I have an old MS-5158 motherboard with an equally old P200@233Mhz @ 2.8V at the moment. I can get it to do 266Mhz for a while at 2.9V, but then it bombs out with a blue screen. The next voltage up shown in the manual is 3.2V, which I think is too high. Looking at the jumper settings in the manual today, I found that the jumpers settings increase by 0.1V when you look at it in binary sequence. With this knowledge, I have found that the missing voltages in between 2.9V and 3.2V can be easily set up as it is obvious where the jumpers now go, but should I believe that this will all be logical? I am pretty confident that this will work, but will MSI have been stupid and switched some around?

What do you all think? I assume I am going about this right, but I need a little assurance and need to know if anyone else has ever done this.

USSVoyager

------------------
    Speed is everything - Warp factor 9, Mr. Sulu!

Based on my experience with MSI boards, it should work; you can get 2.8, 2.9, 3.0 and 3.1V.

------------------
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

Thread Information