Stuck in a Overclocking rut!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Stuck in a Overclocking rut!

Stuck in a Overclocking rut!

Nice to see that every one else is over clocking their macines, cause I sure as aint I have a p2 400 with probably the stupidest mother board known to man. I can't oc the cpud cause that's locked and I can't oc the fsb because I don't have the right bios and the bios that I need dosn't exist. So as you and your stupid computers go whizzing down the "information super high-way" think of me on the side of the road in my own littel rut. By hte way the mb I'm using is a Magellan EBX(E6BX-ATX)http://www.efacorp.com/products/magellanebx.htm
    Don't just drive by stop and help!!

Why don't you just put it to 4.5 x 100 and if a black screen comes up increase the voltage. And if you get lucky try to go a bit higher put it to 5 x 100. Don't try and change the fsb it's a lot harder that way. If you come up with any errors put more volts into it. You don't need to do this in the bios, just look at your motherboard book and look at the configurations that they book tells you to do for 4.5 x 100, or 5 x 100. I'm 13 and it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out without any help at all. and I'm no computer geek.
    I currently have my cpu (amd k6 2 400) running @ 500 (5 x 100 with 3 volts)

if your cpu gets hot try use fan,m if no good try and use either cpuidle,waterfall, or rain very good programs

Intel locks their multipliers.

I have 2 MoBos that have just a 66MHz fsb. That Sucks.If you have $100- $125 to spare pick up a new MoBo. Heck You might be able to find a used one that some one does not need anymore. What form factor can your case handle?

The case I have is ATX. Is it worth it to invest in a new mb. If so what mb should I get and how much should I pay I don't want to shell out too much and not see any diffrence.

Thread Information