Alpha or GlobleWin for K7-700
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Alpha or GlobleWin for K7-700

Alpha or GlobleWin for K7-700

Both have same CFM', but AlphaP7 has some copper in heatsink, better for major oc'er's. GlobalWin VOS32 is $20.00 cheaper.Whats your thoughts? Also, I will be putting a blow hole on top of midtower case with 92mm,45-50 CFM fan. Case does have [1] fan I think blowing out, would it be better to turn it around to suck in, and creat a better draft. I checked these prices at Plycon, but they will be down till the 26th. Any other places these can be bought at. Thanks so much.

------------------
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!

GlobalWin VOS32 all the way! The GlobalWin beats the Alpha in everything! I have a GlobalWin VOS32 on my PIII and I run at about 27-28C idle, 33-34C max. I can't find ONE reason to get an Alpha for an Athlon or a PIII instead of a VOS32.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 04-21-2000).]

Not so sure...

NOTE: I always try to tell it like it is. This is a good/cheap cooler that fits both PIII and K7 but the reviews of it are inaccurate where they claim that it is >= to the Alpha 3125 or 7125. Several hardware sites reviewing the product, as supplied by their sponsor, have claimed it is the greatest thing since sliced bread thus increasing demand. Globalwin's own internal testing says it does not outperform the Alpha or some of its other coolers like the FLK32 or FKK32(based on thermal resistance).

------------------
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

Well Maxout, the review at TheTechZone shows the GlobalWin beating the Alpha in just about all their tests and at a fraction of the price of the Alpha. Grant it that the VOS32 did not beat the Alpha by much but it did and it came with a $29 price tag instead of $50 or $60+. You might doubt their results but the Alpha was the king cooler with them for a loooong time, even when GlobalWin released other products. I think they are pretty unbiased in their tests and I am NOT disappointed in the least with mine. Just a BIG *** heatsink!

Thanks for the info, at some point in time, I will probably get more into the oc'ing part, and might as well get the right cooling now. Don't stop now, the more opinions, the better . One question though, I have seen what i think to be, the Alpha cooler on a chip, with a GFD, and how is it can support the heatsink and fans?

------------------

LaoChe

Just thought I'd stir the pot a little...

------------------

Thanks Max!

I have seen tests showing both being superior. If you plan on mounting directly to the core, I believe the Alpha is better due to the copper. If you can use the venting mechanism available for the VOS it will always outperform the Alpha. (Some of the tests use this with the VOS, make sure they are compairing the same thing)

------------------
    MooOoo!
    MoooOooOoo damnit!!
    -SkrUboL
    www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte166q

Thanks,guys ,I want to build this right. This is my first time, and I may not oc at first, just get it up&running , I want the max I'll need at start-up for cooling ,if and when I'am able. Thanks again.

------------------

Thread Information