Please help, Abit BE6-II wouldn't boot up
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Please help, Abit BE6-II wouldn't boot up

Hybrid View

Please help, Abit BE6-II wouldn't boot up

HI, I just build new system but it wouldn't boot up. what would be the problem?
    here is my setting.
    MOBO: ABIT BE6-II
    CPU: 650E FCPGA + IWill Slocket II + Alpha PEP 66
    Memeru: P133 128mb
    CASE: SuperMicro 750
    HD: 4 gb (new hd, I got it from my friend)
    CDrom+CDW
    Video card: Voodoo 3 3000 AGP
    SOund card: Diamond MX300

I finished put them all together, I was all happy and I turned the power on....CD ROM, HD, FANS, they seemed working fine but it didn't boot up. nothing was coming on my monitor.
    So I took out Sound card and tried again. same, nothing happened on my screen. I was guessing, maybe Bios doesn't support 650E, I need to update? I settup Slocket II with 1.6V, 100 Mhz, FCPGA, Pentium.
    I also changed the screws on the MOBO to smaller one, I was afraid of they touching any circuit.
    it's first time for me to build whole system so probably there may be something I need to know? I'll appreciate if you give me any troubleshoot.
    thank you

sounds like a bad video card or maybe it isn't in all the way. does the vid card work?

------------------
    jopecooler industries: We aim to mame, sever, and dice up any extremitity you have left to use. And if you have Ziplocks we will package it to go!

Join the HWC - OCN Drinking List on ICQ 67864797

All new Join the Q3/UT Acitive List. 70498309 (Please, Gaming members only!)
    whatever

my old pc doesn't have AGP slot (pent 133 mhz :P) so I can't test if it's working or not. it's brand new video card though..hmmm
    i'll check on my friend's pc tomorrow. thanks

sounds like the either the CPU isn't push in properly (needs to go really far in) or you haven't put it in the case yet. Alot of components need to be grounded to the case (ie in the case) to work properly.

That MB should support everything you have.I have a BE6-II w/ a s1 600E retail and 256MB pc133. Just make sure that everything is in thre good. If you have one thing not quite good enough, it will haunt you.

------------------
    Nothing but the CHEESE!
    Finally... the CHEESEMAN... has LOST his 4x4!!! - My buddy wrecked it!

Everytime somebody mentions this problem I have it later on in the day . I took the cpu out and when it went back in it happened. I think you just have to continue pulling it out and putting it in until it works.

Thanks for reply. I took the MB out and noticed that one part of the case was touching MB so I taped so it wouldn't touch to the MB and I restarted, wow it's working.
    Now I partitioned the new HD and reboot, then I got "veryfing DMI pool..." and just hand there. I spent couple of hours and changed the order of booting to A dirve, CD, HD ( it was A, HD, CD..)then it works fine.. but when I boot with floppy, now I'm getting
    "disk I/O error". I took a look at cable, it was ok. so I swapped FD from old pc. same error. now I swapped back the FD to old pc.
    the Old pc got same error...seems like I toasted the FDs...I got stack again, dunno what to do...any suggestion?

I just build a new system with BE6-II mobo a week ago. First time we tried to boot it with a Win98 boot disk, got that very same error. (Disk I/O error) My buddy brought the disk over and had just used it not long before that in his PC and it worked fine. Tried the disk in an old Win95 Pc I had and it wouldn't read it either. Don't know what made the disk go bad, but ended up booting with an old Win95 disk I had laying around and it worked fine. From there I installed Win98, and had to re-create Win98 boot disk that works fine now. Not sure what the problem is, but thought I'd share the fact that I had exact same trouble. Seems odd, but I'd just try making a new disk. Worked for me anyway. good luck...

Hi, Fineline
    today, after work, I created the boot disk from old PC, and I plugged in Floppy, and turn it on....it booted, it just works fine.
    NOW another problem I can't format c:
    it goes 1%, 2%, and all suddenly "trying to recover allocation unit" and it fails.
    hmm seems like HD problem. lucky I got this HD from my friend. but does anybody know any diagonistic tool for unformatted HD?scandisk?
    chkdsk? from A drive?
    thanks again

Don't forget to use fdisk to create a (1) partition on the drive. Otherwise format doesn't know where to write to. (this might not be the problem though)

You didn't say what kind of HD it is??
    Here is a utility that works on Westrn Digital and some others...

Data lifeguard tools
    http://www.wdc.com/service/ftp/drives.html#dlgtools

------------------
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

I have Maxtor, 90430D3, 4.3 GB
    it was brand new when my friend give it to me.(probably he knew it has bad sector..)
    now I'm using NT CD and partitioned FAT,and formatting the partition. it's been 2 hrs and 28%...should I just give up?

well it doesn't sound good but it will work with bad sectors just fine. unless you get new ones everyday or so.

------------------
    jopecooler industries: We aim to mame, sever, and dice up any extremitity you have left to use. And if you have Ziplocks we will package it to go!

Join the HWC - OCN Drinking List on ICQ 67864797

All new Join the Q3/UT Acitive List. 70498309 (Please, Gaming members only!)
    whatever

Thread Information