Where are the jumpers?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Where are the jumpers?

Where are the jumpers?

I'm kinda new at this, blew my motherboard last time I tried. What do the jumpers look like and how do you "set" them?
    "Whoa....69, dude...."

Kinda hard Question... what board do u have?
    Come to Demons Layer:

www.geocities.com/acidruler
    Let me show u how to crank a 400A to infinity

Uhh, pentium 100 compatible I guess. I know quite a bit about computers, etc. I haven't been allowed to so much as peek under the hood of my repaired computer though since I blew up my family's previous computer. Unfortunate. What I really want to know is physically how to change speeds. I know what jumpers look like.
    "Whoa....69, dude...."

Great! Ok then! The first thing you should do is look in the manual of the board. There u should see the jumper settings for different bus speeds (FSB) for an example. The Pentium 133Mhz will have a bus speed of 66Mhz and 2x cpu multiple. By changeing the bus speed to 75 u will have a speed of 150Mhz on ur CPU... A major blowout will ya have if u change ur I/O VOLT thing.. dont mess with that.. the second step is increase the core volt if u dont have it stable enough... make sure u have a descent cooling equipment first though... More Mhz more heat.. and heat is the #1 enemy in o/c.. if u get rendom reboots or games crashes.. not freeze pics.. if u get that its more likely a heat issue.. but if it turns back into windows or something when playing a game or something.. it's insufficiant volt OR! the memory that cant handle it.. some cases even the PCI cards but 75Mhz bus can almost any PCI card do.. like the memory aswell.. hmmm ok?
    Come to Demons Layer:

www.geocities.com/acidruler
    Let me show u how to crank a 400A to infinity

bump to the top, im guessing this guy is new, now he should be able to find his post

------------------
    Please don't provoke the poor people..........
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

Thread Information