abit be6- overclock settings
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: abit be6- overclock settings

abit be6- overclock settings

have abit be6 with p3 450, 256mb pc100 mem ,tnt2 m 64,ensq. soundcard. please tell me what to do to oc. what do I change in the bios settings? dont want a big jump, get me to 500 or so. core voltage is set at 1.98 at this time. cpu temp is 30.5c,board temp is 38c.

------------------

You should be able to get 600 via 133MHz * 4.5 from the chip... if you MB/RAM can handle that. I have some pc100 that'll do 136Mhz FSB. I have a BE6, and I ran my p3-450 @ 600 in there before I moved it to a BE6-II.

------------------
    Nothing but the CHEESE!
    Finally... the CHEESEMAN... has LOST his 4x4!!! - My buddy wrecked it!

At power up, hit delete to get into BIOS, then select SOFTMENU (should be top entry in list). Set CPU to (custom, or user defined, or something...) and set the multiplier to 4.5.

At this point it becomes a matter of personal choice...

> Conservative...set the FSB to about 111 and you will have your 500. Run it that way for a few days, and see if you have any unexplained lock-ups, or BSODs (or any more than you used too). If you don't, then go back and bump it up a few, if you do, then bump it down a few....repeat until addicted.

> Liberal...set the FSB to 133 and boot it. If it is not stable, then fiddle with voltage and upgrade the following components in rotation until it is stable, or your credit cards melt: cooling, power supply, memory, video, hard drive... Once stability is achieved, increase FSB and/or replace CPU, and begin again.

Either way, congratulations: you are now an overclocker.

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

[This message has been edited by RoadWarrior (edited 04-13-2000).]
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

got a p3-450 at 600 with crappy comp-usa pc100 ram, 32megs to be exact. runnin win98 and quake3 with just 32 megs. amazing .

Thread Information