Cooler. Which is better?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Cooler. Which is better?

Cooler. Which is better?

I am still of the edge of finding the perfect program cooler for my Cx486 Cyrix DX2/66 ( I don't think it supports anything, but what the heck) . I have narrowed it down to Rain, Waterfall Pro, and CpuIdle. Which one does anyone think it's the best, not in features but in its ability to cool. I don't want to waste my money for nothing, but I'm thinking of getting a NEW computer someday. Suggestion on what
    computer I should get ranging from 900-1200 bucks. Intel or AMD no Cyrix or IBM CPUs if they exist.

------------------
    "Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes of his goal." E. Joseph Cossman
    "Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes of his goal." E. Joseph Cossman

as far as the coolin prog goes, i've noticed alot of people seem to prefer rain. i use cpuidle, it runs a HLT command w/modern CPUs like Intel P5/ P5 MMX/ PPro/ PII, AMD K5/ K6 or Cyrix M1/ M2..., but thats cause i heard of it first!! as far as the new comp goes, well it depends on if your going to get a pre-fab pc from one of the big dogs, like compaq-hp-dell, or if your goin to get one built. if you want pre-fab, emachines can get you into a p3 for about 900, hp will get you into a celeron{1}533 w/alot of xtras, and same goes for compaq only a k62 most likely for the processor. 1200 will get you a faster processor and a class up in the hp&compaq lines, either p3 or athlon. you'll get 128mRAM, cdrw 4x+, dvdrom, 20g+hd, decent vid card, generic sound card, modem and all that crap. you didn't specify much, so i'll stop wasting my energy ok !!! hope that gives you a little info

Thread Information