Hey guys, sorry, but I gotta go.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, sorry, but I gotta go.

Hybrid View

Hey guys, sorry, but I gotta go.

I am going through some tuff **** right now and I really really need to get away from things ... I need sometime to get away and get my **** together if you know what I mean. As such, I am resigning as the moderator of this forum. I am sorry but I really need some time to get away and do some soul searching by myself. It's been nice knowing you guys. Before I go, there is just a few things I would like to pass on.

If you were to ask for my opinion (not that anyone is), I think Big Lar would be a good mod. cuz he has a cool head, doesn't say anything that is inflammatory, is around long enough to do the custodial work, has the respect of other members in the o/c forum, and lives in a time zone that is really different from Duckman. But I am not saying that Big Lar wants this gig (cuz I have not talk to him about this at all), but if I had to pick a mod, it would be him.

DMMD, try not to say things that gets the others here all wind up cuz it's easy to misunderstand you sometimes. And to everyone else, go easy on DMMD, he isn't a bad guy, he just say things that rubs people the wrong way (not by intend) sometimes.

Duckman, you sense of humour isn't that sick ... there are others here that are much worse than you.

And please, no more Cumine vs. Athlon. A complete computer system that uses either of these CPU's currently each have their own strong and weak points. Most of you guys here already know what these points are already, so really there is nothing much to argue over. When it comes down to it, we all here are in the same boat, so lets stop beating ourselves over the head!

Mole, it's been nice meeting you.

Tiberia, ditto.

If anyone of you want to pick up where I left off on the OCN SETI stats, here is a link to the OCN SETI page I saved at 1:30 A.M. this monday morning. I myself just use this and excel and I just cut and paste. BTW, it is easier to cut and paste from IE than Netscape into excel.

Mjarmark, thanks for this oppurtunity you have given me (in a way). I have learned much serving as the moderator of this forum.

Anyhow, enough ranting ... I guess you guys already know I am kinda long winded ... I used to run cross country, ya know! Anyhow, take care, try not to say/post anything you will regret when you are sober(so think coherently before you hit submit) and goodbye.

Maybe I will see you guys when I get things sorted out.

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 04-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 04-03-2000).]

Bye Bye then. nice knowing you (dont know if i ever did) anyway. have a good one!
    Come to Demons Layer:

www.geocities.com/acidruler
    Let me show u how to crank a 400A to infinity

Hey!! You can't leave me all by my self, I can't make it without you!! I need you here!!

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!!!

*SNIFF*

Duckman

------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    Duckman's Wild Page
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

NiteOwl,
    Sounds like you've got your priorities straight. I truly hope you find what you are looking for. Best of luck and let us know if and when you come back.

"We're going to get another one next year, again -- back to back to back."

-Kobe Bryant

NightOwl,

Dude if you leave you will be missed for sure. Have you thought about just letting Duckman take over for a while? Sort of a leave of absence. If you do decide to go I hope you come back and visit us once in a while. I hope you get things straight soon.

Take Care
    Rich

------------------
    Done.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

NiteOwl YOU WILL BE MISSED! I think that you have done an outstanding job, and well you know we O/Cer's can be a handful sometimes and need a good *** kicking form time to time. I can honestly say that it was the right decision making you Mod, and that HWC should hold a slot for you for when or if you ever want the job back. I know that there have been times that some of us made being the Mod in this forum harder than it ought to have been. However, I think that you did an excellent job of proving to us that you had what it takes to keep the peace, even thou it may have been at some great pain and expense to you... I just want to express my gratitude and say if there is any thing that I can do, let me know. You have my E-Mail.

Once again thanks; you will be missed.

If Big_Lar wnats the job, he has my vote...

[This message has been edited by B/K (edited 04-03-2000).]

Good Luck NightOwl in what ever is going on. I think BigLar would be an excellent mod for this forum, he is my #1 choice, if he does not want to be moderator, I would like to nominate myself for the position. Also if you havent yet, make sure you resign in your General Forum over at OCN.

------------------
    Please don't provoke the poor people..........
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

Good luck man.

------------------
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

What a crappy way to start my week, wake up check the posts and NiteOwl is leaving. I should have stayed in bed...

Goodluck NiteOwl... hope you find all the answers you're looking for. Try not to get that frustrated if you don't find them right away, it takes most people a lifetime.

Count
    Long Live The BP6!

well this about sucks ***. I and many peepz will miss you and your advise. i hope you find your souls content. and live the life you want. you know where to find most of us. and well good luck
    iAMDking
    "Is it worth it to give your heart away, and live for a great period of joy, risking the chance to have your heart broken? If your heart does get broken, was it worth it to give it away? - Me"

Just curious, about how long will you be away? You will never come here again, or only for like 3 months? That wont be good.

------------------
    Please don't provoke the poor people..........
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

All the best to you, you have done a great job here as both Moderater & Member. You will be missed by us all...

Thanks John,

If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

SIGH.... Did any 1 give you PERMISSION to leave? You will be sorely missed, as I'm sure you see in the Posts.Sheesh, I really don't know what to say, This place won't be the same without you here, There are certain People that make a Huge difference in life,and you, most certainly are 1 of them. I hope your personal Life comes together for you, and am sad to hear of the tuff time you are going thru... I thought you had been a bit quite lately.As to the Mod Position, I'm not even going there, as Like I stated up top..shrug.... No 1 said you were Allowed to leave Why not the extended Leave of Absence??? If you decide to go.... I will sure miss ya.

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

[This message has been edited by Big Lar (edited 04-03-2000).]
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

I have always enjoyed your posts. Hope everything that seems to be falling apart, falls together again.

1) Don't sweat the little stuff.

2) It's all little stuff

3) Relax, it's just a bunch of ones and zeroes

4) If you don't like reality, change it.

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

Best of luck to you NiteOwl. Sometimes a little introspection is good for the soul. I hope your time away serves you as well as you've served us. Hope to see you on the board again.

zodder
    "It was a good lay........"

Thread Information