i email Abit bout the celermines!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: i email Abit bout the celermines!

i email Abit bout the celermines!

i email them askin bout the new celermines in my bx based abit boards...and there reply was weak...first the email didn't address my email cause of "time restrains" then i had to call a long distance to find and even weaker answer...i spoke to an abit techi and he said the engineers where workin on a bios update..oooh...well he couldn't tell me when or even if its for sure yet! i know older lx boards in the past would run stuff higher than a 5.5 multi...so maybe we're in luck? i brought that up to the guy at abit and he just started laughin and said yup...? i almost ordered a celermine 566 yesterday but i'm holdin out for a week or 2 yet...tell abit tells me for sure...i just got a new mobo and am not buyin another for a while so if i can't run it ****um...i'll wait for a 1.5gig willy and faster ram standards..

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    To quote http://www.hardocp.com

"Let's clear something up really quick here. It has been my experience that simply because the "8.5" or greater multiplier is NOT available in the BIOS of a mainboard does not mean it cannot use a "8.5" multiplier or greater CPU. The boards we have tested simply default to whatever the CPU specifies... No immediate flashing to add multipliers is needed. That is our experience anyway."

If you read there article on the overclocked celermine vs. the overclocked coppermine you will see that they used an ABIT BF6 (BX) and an ABIT VT6X4 (133A) to do the tests.

you can read the article here

------------------

-Goff
    -Goff

sweet I know my celermine will work in my be6!

------------------
    Marriage...The hangover that lasts a life time!

Join the HWC - OCN Drinking List on ICQ 67864797
    whatever

they used a bf6 cool...yee haa...i'm gettin one then...

Thread Information