Gas Out
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Out

Gas Out

E-Mail I received-

GAS OUT!
    Last year on April 30,1999, a gas out was staged across Canada and the U.S. to bring the price of gas down, and it worked.
    It's time to do something about it again.
    Only this time lets make it for three days instead of just one. The so-called oil cartel decided to slow production to drive up gasoline prices.
    Lets see how many Canadian\American people we can get to ban together for a three day period in April, NOT TO BUY ANY GASOLINE, during those three days. LET'S HAVE A GAS OUT. Do not buy any gasoline from APRIL 7, 2000, THROUGH APRIL 9, 2000. Buy what you need before the dates listed above, or after, but try not to buy any during the GAS OUT. If you want to help, just send this to everyone you know and ask them to do the same. We brought the prices down once before, and we can do it again. Come on North America lets stand together. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Even if you receive this E-mail 100 times keep passing it around, this way you know everyone is being informed and no one will forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys sounds good to me - paste this to your e-mail and send it to your friends

Ehh ur gas price is like 1/5 or something of ours and yet ur complaining... but i dont blame u go ahead and stop it while u can.
    Come to Demons Layer:

www.geocities.com/acidruler
    Let me show u how to crank a 400A to infinity

'course, you guys get .ike 97 and 98 octane... we're talkin' about 87, 89 and 93 (and in some places 94) here...

------------------
    Sub-zero project status: working on v0.03 - Slot A enclosure design
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

What a moron idea. This sounds about as good as not peeing for 3 days, and about the same effect in the end.

Come to Demons Layer:

www.geocities.com/acidruler
    Let me show u how to crank a 400A to infinity

LOL@piz_bruin

hate to say it, but that won't accomplish anything - you don't buy for a couple days, the gas companies think, "hey, were doing no business because of this stupid gasout. Let's raise the prices since they'll have to run out of gas eventually."

duh
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Sort of like pissing up a rope. You'll eventually get wet sometime.

Well, they say it worked last year right? Did they waste their time if this is true? Probably not... duh
    If it helped at all, whats the beef? It's unfortunate you folks in Europe pay so much. Maybe you should try a gasout
    I'm bewildered at the negative attitude towards this. You must be OPEC supporters?

There is no hard evidence that this worked last year nor will it work this year. This is just another one of those junk emails that go to the delete pile!

------------------
    Marriage...The hangover that lasts a life time!

Join the HWC - OCN Drinking List on ICQ 67864797
    whatever

Well unless I'm totally off the mark here, isn't the reason European gas prices are always so high because the tax the hell of it, partly as a way of discouraging the use of personal cars?? That way, they can turn around and take the tax dollars and pump them into mass transit systems that put the U.S. & Canada's to shame. I still haven't had the chance to visit Europe, but most everyone I know that's from Europe or visited there raves about the mass transit systems. I'm sure it's not perfect, but I'm almost positive that it's probably better than anything we have here in the states.

And I don't have a problem with this brief little boycott. I doubt it will accomplish anything, but it certainly won't hurt matters either. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose. Maybe they ought to have a weeklong SUV gas boycott. Now that would probably have some effect. Of course the highways would be littered with stalled SUVs then . . .hehe. I'm not anti-SUV btw, they're actually very fun to drive. I just don't understand people who get them, then commute to busy metropolitan areas and then gripe about the mileage and gas prices.

[This message has been edited by Pirate (edited 04-06-2000).]
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot

Todays, that got to be the most stupidest, f**k up thing I have ever heard! ****, I use vans in my work, and I have to fill them with gas each day! A mans gotta work (need the money for overclockin' ). What am suppose to do, push the damn things down the street!! Yeah, right!!

Besides, I heard on the radio today (am talk radio news) that now the Energy commission has said that the average price in the U.S. won't be 1.80 or 1.85 by June, but only 1.46! Hell, that's what I'm paying now!

------------------
    "To err is human, to really f**k things up requires a computer!"

Well, I guess the rest of us who aren't as fortunate as you candyman are going to have to participate and if we're lucky we might see those kind of prices too. I'm still paying a $1.70 a gallon. and yes, I fill up practically every other day myself. That's why I'm filling up tonight and hopefully I'll make it through the weekend. As pirate said, nothing ventured, nothing gained. It's too bad people won't work together on this.

Overclocking and gass prices. This realy is off topic, even ..topic.

Sort of like the advert for B. Speirs.

DMMD

yes, your right. It is.....
    ok. I'm finished ranting and raving now

It took a brain-surgeon to figure out that this was off topic

------------------
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

Thread Information