Anyone know of a good o/c CD-RW
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone know of a good o/c CD-RW

Anyone know of a good o/c CD-RW

Want to buy CD-RW but don't know if they can handle working w/ on O/C system. does anyone know which one are good or bad. looking to buy HP 8200i

That writer should alright with overclocking but what CPU and motherboard are you using? Most later version BX motherboards have a 1/4 PCI divider.

Being the case, your writer should be running at spec.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

I have SY6BA+IV, PCI is 1/3 & ISA is 1/4 but in BIOS it's 122fsb/37pci and sisoft sandra shows pci running at 41, which is correct then BIOS or sisoft?? don't want to spen the money on a cd-rw if it ain't going to work!!

I have an OEM Ricoh MP7060A that's done great writes on a 36.66666 Mhz PCI bus. I've also seen it do a write on 42 Mhz PCI, but I wouldn't call that average. I'm at 110Mhz FSB and 1/3 PCI. Usually 1/4 PCI starts at 124, go for a few more Mhz....

Dual Celerons 366@605, cache latency 0/1, aircooled! As of tonight, my Alphas got an upgrade. I took a resistor off my Sanyo Denki's and now they run 5000rpm! Beat that, TNProud2B! Hoochcooler my butt! Can't do 600Mhz, like my steeking Alphas!

Had to do that, sorry.

------------------
    And the beat goes on...
    And the beat goes on...

i got a yamaha that runs fine at 150fsb its ide 4x4x16 they got faster ones now...its the 4416e go for scssi they r faster but more money and u need a scssi card
    OCN the The Darkside

I personally advise, strongly, against anything over PCI 37.5Mhz with an IDE CD-RW.

I also advise against an IDE CD-RW generally, as SCSI is a lot more reliable (and tolerant). Of course you have the greater cost...but I wont OC PCI more than a couple of Mhz if I had an IDE CD-RW, such as the HP 8200i. Also, if it breaks, you got no warranty.

------------------
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

Thread Information