OK, the people at ZDTV ARE smoking crack!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: OK, the people at ZDTV ARE smoking crack!

OK, the people at ZDTV ARE smoking crack!

This is a quote from one of the articles about overclocking:
    AMD chips are particularly good for overclocking. Intel chips aren't as good for overclocking, except for the Celeron. This is of great benefit for Quake players. The Celeron has good floating-point performance and can go fast; there's no L2 cache, but Quake doesn't care.
    Obviously they don't know what the hell they are talking about. What the hell is this "Intel chips aren't as good for overclocking, except for the Celeron"?! Have they not heard of the PIII450 and the Coppermine 500&550e. And what is this **** about Celerons having NO L2 cache. I mean are they still using the FIRST Celerons that came out?! These guys should quit giving advise on stuff they know NOTHING about!

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 03-30-2000).]

Did you check the date on the article?

Kebo
    C:
    C:RUN
    STOP LOOKING AT MY :

The page the link is on shows 3/30/00! Here is the page that the link is on. Go to where it says, "How to overclock a CPU" and click on the "overclock a CPU" link.

You know there is a reference to Quake so they might mean the original. But if it is an old article they are using it like it applies today! Either way it is BAD info.

Ok, sorry if you thought it was insulting, it wasn't meant that way. I seem to have been doing that alot... pissing people off with out meaning it.

Kebo
    C:
    STOP LOOKING AT MY :

**** KeBoMaN, I didn't mean to sound pissed! Did I sound that way? You ask a good question, so I went back and checked the date on the article. That is when I reposted with the date. Sorry if I sounded pissed at you.

Nah, I just wanted to make sure :-}
    C:
    STOP LOOKING AT MY :

Thread Information