New name
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: New name

Hybrid View

New name

This is jackkoho, I got a new nick, which I guess wouldn't make much sense but I ordered my k7oc GFD today so I'm about to enter the wonderful drunken world of overclocking. Let's see what this athy 500 is made of...

------------------
    R.A.M.m.y.B.U.S.: Robotic Artificial Mechanized Machine Yearning for Battle and Ultimate Sabotage
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..

You going to join the drunk fest at OCN this Saturday?

------------------
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

Hey L.G., when does it start? Your, what, 2 hours behind me? I get home from work on Saturdays about 12:00 midnight (work from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., and then take the teens out for some activity like go-carts, putt-putt, movies, roller skating, etc till about 11:00 p.m.) so that would be about 10:00 p.m. your time?? Also, thinkin' about gettin a video camera for the 'puter, how does it work with camrades.com? And finally, what beer is the preferred choice of OCN? My fraternity (not frat! Never Say Frat!!! ) had a official beer, Natch light (Natural Light) which was also one of the cheapest, though still taste pretty good. Definitely not as skunkish as Milwalkee's Beast (Milwalkee's Best) that my roommates in college use to drink! Damn, that crap tasted like bull piss!

Now that I've actually got beer money, I drink this one concotion called Tequiza which is a mix of beer (sorta like Corona) tequila and lime. Good Stuff! Also drink Bud and Bud light, but hey got to support the local economy, because there's a Bud plant here in Columbus !!!

Let me know, and I'll get hooked up this week!

------------------
    "To err is human, to really f**k things up requires a computer!"

[This message has been edited by Candyman (edited 03-27-2000).]

It starts at 12:00pm CST on Saturday.

No specific beer necessary. I like MGD personally. I tried Taquiza once. It tasted like coolade to me.

oh man ... why is it that these drinking contest always takes place on weekend's where I have tons of homework ... oh well, I guess I gotta pass this one up too ...

I take it that means 12 noon CST time? (that is 12:00 p.m. which is noon, where as 12:00 a.m. is midnight)

God the days of drinking marathons. I remember a Homecoming weekend at Western Michigan University where my Fraternity reserved 43 kegs of beer, and I started drinking from 11:00 a.m. that Saturday morning until 3:00 a.m. Sunday morning, with a few breaks for munchies and dinner in between (not to mention a little busy, busy with a certain sorority chick that will remain nameless! )

Much older now, don't do any serious drinking at all. Only on New Years, my b-day, some social drinking, and Super Bowl Sunday. Do not miss the hangovers from my college days.

I'm gonna try and make it, but if you guys are starting at 12 noon, all of you proably be passed out, with your faces embedded in your keyboard!

Lets see who's still going at 12:00 midnight on Saturday (standard eastern time)!

------------------

is this **** like a Webcam party or what?
    Come to Demons Layer:

www.geocities.com/acidruler
    Let me show u how to crank a 400A to infinity

I never figure out those american times
    Me and Duckman is starting when it gets dark so all of you other can try to catch us

------------------
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

Xriz

What is your GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) in Norway? Here in Ohio, its GMT -5:00 or minus five hours GMT. Which means in Greenwich (England) if it is 12:00 noon there, it is minus five hours here or 12:00noon minus 5 hours which is 7:00 a.m. in Ohio (Easern Standard Time as it is called). Lord Gumby would be GMT -6:00, so it would be 6:00 a.m. at his place.

The unofficial GMT for Norway is +1:00 for most of the year, but +2 for the summer months. Since it's past the last Sunday in March (see below), which according to EU's guidlines, is when Daylight Savings Time in Europe (and the Netherlands) begins, you are now +2 hours from GMT, which means at 12:00 noon today in Greenwich (England) it would be 2:00 p.m. at your place (if Norway follows the EU's).

So as of today, if its 12 noon for Lord Gumby, its 8:00 p.m. your time.

But here's some more fun!! We in the States also have Daylight Savings Time just as many other countries!! Yeah!! Other parts of the world observe Daylight Saving Time as well. While European nations have been taking advantage of the time change for decades, in 1996 the European Union (EU) standardized a EU-wide "summertime period." The EU version of Daylight Saving Time runs from the last Sunday in March through the last Sunday in October. I believe this will apply to you as well. Here in the states, it was originally inacted in 1918, but was so unpopular that it was rescinded. Then during WWII it was brought back in 1942 by Congress. It was used then, as it is used now, to save energy. It remained in effect until 1945. Then everyone in the U.S. was allowed to set there own times. This became very confusing, so in 1966 Congress passed the The Uniform
    Time Act of 1966, created Daylight Savings Time to begin on the last Sunday in April (was amended in 1986 to the first Sunday in April) and end on the last Sunday in October. It was used and enforced quite a bit during our oil embargo crisis of the 70's, when congress forced all states and providence to use it. Now there is only two areas that do not (keep this in mind) the northern corner of Indiana, and the great state of Arizona (helpful, huh!).

So we here in the states are not in to Daylight Savings Time as of yet, but it begins this coming Sunday, so if you follow the EU's Standard Time, then you are 7 hours behind me and 8 hours behind Lord Gumby, but after April first, you will be only 6 hours behind me (Remember, I'm Eastern Standard Time) and only 7 hours behind Lord Gumby.

So to put this all together, this Saturday at 12:00 p.m. noon Lord Gumby's time (Central Standard Time) it should be 8:00 p.m. your time! Easy, isn't it!! (My business is effected by DST, so I learned all I could about. Can't wait for this Sunday, when we "Spring Forward" and get more light later in the evening!)

Or if this doesn't work for you, go to http://www.isbister.com/worldtime/index.html where they have the correct time for all over the world!

Sorry for the History lesson, but I hope this clears it up for you and everyone else!

(Damn, had to edit this post twice!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Candyman (edited 03-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Candyman (edited 03-28-2000).]

Dam candyman what a novel. yeah Xriz and duckman will bestarting late then. HWC time puts them starting @ 8pm thier time. so it will be a even thing for us as far as starting times go.

------------------
    Marriage...The hangover that lasts a life time!
    whatever

Thread Information