Cooling and Fans
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Cooling and Fans

Cooling and Fans

Do I need to be sucking more air into my case? I have one 47.5cfm fan above my power supply sucking air out the back, one 27.5cfm fan below my powersupply and next to my cpu sucking air out the back, and another 47.5cfm fan sucking air out the side across from my processor. I have two alpha heatsinks, and they are both sucking away from the heatsinks. I only have one 47.5 fan sucking air into my case. Is this enough? If not where should I put another intake fan?
    AT7 MAX 2 - T-Bred 1730@ - 12X194=2332mhz - 512mb Corsair XMS 3200 - Chaintech Geforce 4 320/730 - 4 WD 120JB Raid 0 striping - SLK-800 - Enermax 550watt

Of course, you will need at least one more fan for intake.

See the numbers.
    122.5 exhaust
    47.5 intake

Usually the fans are supposed to be located toward the front of the case. If there isn't any room for it. Try drill holes either on the bottom or on the bottom (I am assuming you have a mid-tower case)
    salt

------------------
    Saltedeggman - Synthetic Artificial Lifeform Trained for Efficient Destruction and Exploration of General Galactic Mathematics and Assassination Neohuman

What about an intake fan on the side of my case by my video card? Or should it be on the side up front by my other one?
    AT7 MAX 2 - T-Bred 1730@ - 12X194=2332mhz - 512mb Corsair XMS 3200 - Chaintech Geforce 4 320/730 - 4 WD 120JB Raid 0 striping - SLK-800 - Enermax 550watt

Closer to the front is better so that you can get all the hot air up, up and away from the case.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information