There is some swearing in this post cause I is mad
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: There is some swearing in this post cause I is mad

There is some swearing in this post cause I is mad

To start with I had quite a good day, found out that the highpoint controller stinks. So I stuck each harddrive (one by one to help windows). All successful the drives speeds increased two fold. Then I thought about the resources that the highpoint (now empty) steals and shares. So I decided to remove it.

For ****s sake, why didn't ABIT test this ****ing motherboard before they released it. Everytime I bot windows I get the frikin blue screen. So I went to safe mode and removed any trace of the high point. Now it booted. Oh OK it works. Nope it's just playing with my ****ing balls. Next reboot same blue screen.

Try to reinstall windows over the top. But it gets an error trying to detect the hardware, continues to install. Then chucks me at some ugly looking hybrid screen. With only ICS installed (what the) telling me the VGA card isnt right.

Use the hardware wizard, finds about 50 devices and then crashes exactly the same on reboot.

Bastard child frikin computer

OK its out of my system now, sorry bout the languague

PD,

Install the controller into your system, go back into W98, change your resources so they don't conflict, reboot. Takes three minutes. Make sure that you read the instructions in the ABIT manual and use the floppy for the HotRod miniport drivers not the CD.

I've done 16 now(BF6>BE6_2), with all kinds of sound cards>vid cards>SCSI controllers. Done 6 straight HotRod controller cards, they're EZ. Never even a hiccup.

Don't get frustrated, you can do it. SOOOO much faster than IDE. I have a feeling that the peeps that are having problems are a bit over their heads with IRQ conflicts. For some reason they just expect everything to be a snap together toy. (Not a diss PD, I know the frustration from other directions believe me!)

It used to be that you had to set ALL of the resources and arrange all of the IRQs with jumpers then in DOS! This is a piece o' cake.

Do not put your SCSI controller, network card, or PCI sound card in the last PCI slot. Read the ABIT manual about sharing. It tells you just about everything. It ain't hard.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Kash

Mmmm, its OK I knew what the problem was and I new how to fix it. The Highpoint drivers leave vxd's that conflict with the promise card. You can get the same kind of errors by installing the motherboard with an old windows hd.

I actually wanted to disable the highpoint(HotRod) cause it's being unused and I like to have the IRQ's free (couple of card in hear say no to sharing).

Well now I extremely happy cause whilst I was at it I set up a RAID with two 10gig drives, man that was easy peazy. Everything works fine, no highpoint stuff to be seen. I'll benchmark it in a minute

Thread Information