coppermine 600 or 650?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: coppermine 600 or 650?

coppermine 600 or 650?

well after debating buying a 650ppga coppermine or k7650 and board...i bought a 600 retail coppermine slot1???
    they where on sale...2 day shippin total was $280, figured in the long run my goal was 150mhz fsb...and the difference of 900(600@150) or 975(650@150) wasn't worth the price difference of about $90(oem 650 slot1)
    well i can't wait for 900mhz this weekend...teehee...

Let us know how it works out SnakeJ.

------------------
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

Were pullin' for you!

What are you using for cooling???
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

Hey snakej_777, that's what I have... what MB are you putting it in? I have a BE6-II, and w/retail HSF I got 138MHz FSB - 828MHz overall.

------------------
    Nothing but the CHEESE!
    Finally... the CHEESEMAN... has LOST his 4x4!!! - My buddy wrecked it!

I can't wait to do the same either!! I'm going to a computer show this Sunday (only 4 more days!) and I can't wait to get my hands on a great deal!! Hopefully I'll be able to find a cumine 600 or 650 just as cheap if not cheaper that what you paid, snakej_77!

Wish me luck on ocing this sucker to 900 or more!!

------------------
    "THE BEST SUBSTITUTE FOR BRAINS IS SILENCE. . ."

I don't think there will be much difference between the 650e and the 600e either. Noctem has the 600e and I have the 650e, we have the same RAM, same RAM settings in BIOS, same FSB (144 MHz), same OS, almost identical mobo (I have Soyo 6BA+III and he has the 6BA+IV). Despite the fact that I have 72 MHz over him, we have the same SETI time. I guess upto a certain point, SETI doesn't give a damn about CPU speed.

well my cooling rig is now is 2 peltiers water cooled...but i'm ordering new peltiers and building a new core for the coppermine. i have pc133 mem but i did notice runnin my voodoo3 at 100 it spazes after a while its good for at least a couple hours but after hardcore gaming the temp must rise up? maybe pull the stock heatsink for a big socket7? i have a bf6 board and a very cheaply converted promise ultra66 to fasttrak66..lol
    my dad got a 600e slot1 bout 2 weeks ago he hasn't put his liquid cooler on it yet and it does 800 with just a double fan heatsink so i'm pumped..but my goal is not to go below freezing...i've been liquid coolin for about 2 years now...i've found that cooling the chip to maybe 0-5c will get the most out of the chip...going to -20c isn't worth the minute gain of a few mhz...examples...366@567 room temp water but only about 594 stable at -16c...and my 500 celly run 650ish on room temp water but can't get past 690(only cause i keep roastin drives..lol
    hey guys off subject but my dad may have joined big lar? he killed a p3 450 and his newer p3 550 both with huge cracks?hmmm could this maybe be from stress from mounting the chip and not from thermal stress? my cooling system is way more wicked than the cooler my dad has..??

Thread Information