Help with overclockin
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help with overclockin

Help with overclockin

I'm over clockin my 433cel to 600 using an Abit BP6 mobo(only one processor) with the settings 6.5m x 92MHz. I have no problems booting into windows 98, but when I run Quake 3 after about 5 minutes my whole system locks up and I have to reboot. I know heat from the processor is not the issue (28C idle, 35C when running quake), could be related to video or L2 cache? Has anyone else had good luck over clockin there 433cel?

specs: Voodoo 3 2000 2/3 divider
    Quantum 9.1 KA HD
    SupraMax 56K
    Awe64 Sound etc.....

Thanks.......jasboy

Why are you so sure it is not the temp?
    the first i wold do was try some better cooling, try running whit the case open for a while and se if it helps. the video should cope at that fsb. if it is the L2 cache then you are better of setting the Fsb lower.

------------------
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

I guess I'm not 100% sure it's the temp, but why would have problems at 40C or under?

And the reason I don't want to run at a lower fsb is because I don't want to run the risk of data loss due to the pci bus being overclocked.

Anyway, thanks for ideas......jasboy

I had a celeron 433 on an Abit be6-2. My computer kept locking up like yours. Turned out that when I ran it at 84 mhz bus I set the pc divider to 1/3. The problem is the 1/3 divider doesn't work until higher bus speeds. SO I was running a 42mhz bus and it was locking up because I was frying my harddrive. Use Sandra or some other utility to verify that your divider is working properly and that your bus is in a safe range (under 38). Just my advice.

Jared

------------------
    Celeron 366 running at 583@2.0 volts, with Golden Orb cooling that bad boy
    v3 2000 at 175mhz
    Finally got the 600e and the Global win VOS32. Now I need some good ram...

I'll give that a try tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for the ideas!

my dual cellys used to freez windows when i reached 38C
    after i put in some peltiers it ran stable at 28 the most.

------------------
    Xriz`s Place
    Xriz`s Place

Thread Information