Help w/ Pentium Pro
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help w/ Pentium Pro

Help w/ Pentium Pro

OK, I'm about to start experimenting with overclocking a dual Pentium Pro system. The highest FSB I can get is 66 MHz. I need to be pointed in the right direction for a source for heatsinks/fans for the PPros. I've looked and looked. Can anyone help me out?

Ryan

------------------
    Cool, very cool, Supercool
    Tried to save myself but my self keeps slipping away...

Hey RGWALT:

I'm in something of the same situation, just on the other side of the tech game. I'm sure there's info out there, findable by doing multiple iterations of search on the various engines for overclocking. Try tomshardware.com for starts, or overclockers network.

Thanks DMMD. What did you mean that you were on the other side of the tech game? I'm gonna go searching again.

Ryan

Well, you've got an older CPU and it might be a little harder to find up to date info when everybody else is OCing P3 and Athlons. I've got a similar problem 'cause I'm trying to OC a twin XEON system with an 840 MoBo. Similar problem in that info. is hard to come by, but opposite in that its abrand new chipset and RAM.
    I just did another search using LYCOS, EXCITE and HOTBOT, and there were more than 100 returns listing OC sights. Somebody out there has to be doing a pro!

Gottcha, thanks man. I'll be looking around. Infact, I already am. Good luck OCing those Xeons. You'll have a number cruncher on your hands when you are all done.

Xeon's are great little processors... I work with a couple of dual Xeon machines in my research group. We are using them for streaming video apps.

Ryan

------------------
    Cool, very cool, Supercool

Thread Information