be6-II didnt work
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: be6-II didnt work

be6-II didnt work

Hi!

This is how it went.
    Using the "soft menu" in bios i made this changes:
    fsb to 100, multiplyer to 6, cpu voltage to 2.2 - i got a blank screen - the mb didnt boot.
    Using the insert key i got all back at default and made the changes that coresponded to my config.
    Now, what experience do you have on this and maybe some advice!?
    p.s. i didnt use any aditional cooling but the mb should have at least booted.

Try to put just one ISA card and power on.

Not really..
    I am using BE6-II too,
    Now it is C400@575 MHZ FBs=95MHz. But i was able to boot at 100MHZ FSB, and i was not able to boot at 80MHZ FSB. There are a lot of different settings : RAM timing, command
    queue(?), 16bit I/o recovery.....

To recover from this situation, i had to clear the CMOS using the jumper..

how about more specs on your sys?

------------------
    Join the OCN SETI group. I promise I will be nice to you
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...eam_57947.html

Darko is embaresment that guy from my homeland asks question and expects that someone while give you simple answer how to make your slow CPU to run @ clock much higher then is maded for, and without detailed sys info .

To Miha 76.
    At leats i am not embarrassing my country in a poor use of "English language" - writing

Darko is embaresment that guy from my homeland asks question and expects that someone while give you simple answer how to make your slow CPU to run @ clock much higher then is maded for, and without detailed sys info.

- you should try to use will instead of while in that sentence
    -embaresment - embarrassment
    - asks a question
    - someone will give a simple answer on hot to make your slow cpu to run @ a clock hogher than is made for.

No offense Miha - you could try to look and maybe see that i'm new here and maybe than you could realize than not everyones purpose in life is - well today i didnt do any oc (**** - this is a bad day).
    Some people also have to work for a living and cant always have their minds focused on one thing alone.Especialy on those things that we call hobbies.You have to pay bills, feed a lot of hungry mouths and then maybe you can have a little time for yourself and your hobbie.

I'm writting all of this not to offend anyone but just to get your attention on how you use certain words - embarrassment for my homeland (not a very nice thing you wrote).

Furthermore my occupation is this:
    computer tehnician (i put a lot of years in to that and made a carreer in that line of work - so you will give me some credit that i do have some experience in the subject of computer hardware.I do have to admit i have little experience on oc but that is exactly why we are all here - to learn from one another (dont you agree).

Enough of the lecture - i hope i didnt offend anyone.

p.s.you could have just asked for the specs.

mb - abit be6-II
    cpu - cel. 433/slot1/66fbs
    mem - 64Mb pc 100
    vga card - 3dfx voodoo 3 3500tv
    hdd - Fujitsu 8,4Gb udma/66
    cdrom - cyber drive 48x
    fdd - sony 1,4Mb
    monitor (display) - Nokia 447XPro 17" trin.
    sound - cheap 16bit

You are right and I agre with you my english SUCKS, hey but I started to write on english on this forum and that is about two months now.

For your problem.

Multiplier on Celeron, on my knowlege, is locked and seting any available option does not make any efect.

With your Celeron you have fixed multiplier 7 and rising FSB up to 100 while produce CPU core clock of 700MHZ, and that while not work if you don`t have some spetial cooling.

Don`t rise voltage to muche if you dont have very good cooler and keep your PC chase opend cous that while reduce your CPU temp for aprox 10C.

And try with some resonable speeds 7xFSB=CPU SPEED and 525 shold be easy to get.

Best thing would be to get your self celery 400 cos of lower mutiplier, and sell your 466.

Hope I tolld you something that you find helpfull.

[This message has been edited by miha76 (edited 03-04-2000).]

I make your multiplier to be 6.5 x 66 =433
    so if you set the multiplier to 6 it won't boot
    Try 6.5 x 100mhz = 650mhz
    or 6.5 x 83mhz = 540mhz
    or 6.5 x 90mhz = 585mhz
    and make sure the cpu speed error recognition is off
    No monkey Hanging jokes ---- Or Ill wrap this rope round your neck, ups! there we go again.

Thread Information