Hey, what are going to do after SETI
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hey, what are going to do after SETI

Hey, what are going to do after SETI

Let's just suppose SETI runs out of data, for whatever reason. The model of shipping important data processing to a bunch of margenalized renegades (US) is a good one. How can we successfully get it out that we would like it a whole bunch to do this. I can tell you from first hand, every academic institution has projects that could benefit from what we love to do. And for the record, I hope SETI never runs out of data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know what, DMMD? I have a theory on that one ... a conpiracy theory if you don't mind (ah oh ... junk post alert ...). If I was immoral and worked for SETI and had some real administrative power, I would keep on pumping out fake WU's just to keep the people from crunching other things ... kinda selfish ... but not inconcieveble ..... MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAA ... but if someone actually got caught .... oh baby, the stuff is gonna hit the ceiling!

Except I know some of the SETI team at Stanford, and they are not like that, they're surprisingly like us, bucaneers with a vision I would like to offer this WU potpori here, and will be actively seeking projects, if the group would like to embark on such a journey.
    It cannot be denied that the SETI model is genious, and has to be extended.

I am sure they are stand up guys and gals (over @ SETI@home)! That was just a thought I had ... maybe I watched too much X-files when I was younger ...

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 03-04-2000).]

Thread Information