water cooling FC-PGA
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: water cooling FC-PGA

Hybrid View

water cooling FC-PGA

I have been wondering.. i have never seen the famous flip-chips, so before i buy one of upcoming celerons... is there any consideration to watch before building a water cooling for this? is i can build one just like a normal old celeron CPU?
    To be more concrete...building a water cooler is almost the same design right? ( water on back of the chip )

As I understand water cooling, it is pretty much all the same for any CPU. You will build a box (or buy one) that the water will flow through. This should be a copper or aluminum box. This box will sit on your chip and transfer heat from the chip to the metal, and then from the metal to the water.

Ryan
    Tried to save myself but my self keeps slipping away...

I speak from experience. LEARN WHAT KIND OF MOUNTING FACILITIES YOUR CHIP WILL HAVE. Almost tore my hair out trying to mount my watercooler. but now life is sweet at -15C.

------------------
    I would like to state that I am neither Swedish nor an Elf, and do not represent the beliefs, values, abilities, shortcomings, preference in woman, flavours of cheese, etc. as either of the affor mentioned parties.
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

how u get to -15c? are you using a peltier between the water and the cpu?
    also how can i avoid condensation? have a fan blowing on top of the cpu/box?

you will need foam probably closed cell to insulation around the peltier and the cold plate...

Do use peltier only you have slot cpu because in socket 7's mobo...under the socket there are cracks that hot air can enter the undercore of the cpu...unless you use spray foam to close it...

Thread Information