HoochCooler2000
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HoochCooler2000

HoochCooler2000

I just installed a modified version of the the original hoochcooler. A smaller, more efficient setup than the copper pipe monster from last year. It still retains the same layout as last time, with glued-on waterblocks and a small radiator. I intend to refrigerate the water with a watercooled array of 6 50watt peltier elements. This way I can shut off the power sucking peltiers and run with room temp water if I choose to. You can't do that if you put the peltier directly on the CPU, because the peltier must ALWAYS be powered-up or you'll toast the processor.
    I think it could be compared to a nitrous oxide system you'd find in a car. Press a button and get a quick power boost. 300watts of cooling power anytime I want. Well, as long as the battery stays charged. Pictures to follow in a few days. Possibly a week since I've been chronically lazy.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

- Restricted - Classified Information/Available only on a need-to-know basis/All copies must be signed and registered/Copyright 2000, Hillbilly Technolgies Corp. Ltd.

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 02-29-2000).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

I think youu should upgrade the classification to "NATO Cosmic Top Secret", in case any Russians would visit this site...

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    Duckman's Wild Page
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

Hmmm...One thing just came to my mind:
    Whan you're running it with the xtra waterblock, the radiator would actually add heat to your system instead of cooling it...

you should come up with a way to by pass the tranny-cooler. Maybe a switch or something.

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    Duckman's Wild Page
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

I like it TN, now where's that Duel 700 Coppermine a 2Gigs we are waiting for you to smoke us with ????

I had similar thoughts on a boosted system and you are right that you can't run the peltier on the CPU if is disconnected, but I might investigate varying the voltage with a Radio Controled Car speed controler. What do you think ??

BladeRunner

simple use 2 valves to bypass the water cooling block.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

Thread Information