OVERCLOCKERS UNITE !
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OVERCLOCKERS UNITE !

OVERCLOCKERS UNITE !

Is this the only hobby without a national or even a local organized chapter of enthusiasts? Got a nice car? Take your pick of nicely organized clubs that cater to every segment of automobiles. Like dogs? They got dog clubs, the AKC comes to mind. Anything you can think of is supported at least in some small way by a group of dedicated folks who want to promote even more of whatever it is they're interested in. It gives newer hobbyists with a similar interest a good starting point for finding answers or people that can help them. HardwareCentral is a wonderful place to exchange ideas and information, don't get me wrong(and pull this post). It does its intended job very well. It's not human, though. There is a vast amount of overclocking knowledge in this site, but it keeps scrolling by - much as this post will. I hate to re-type the same response over and over and over. You can count on me to ALWAYS answer the question one more time, because there must have been a time that I myself asked a question that had been asked a thousand times already. And it was most likely answered in a friendly manner by someone(Sterling Aug comes to mind) who had typed the same reply countless times before. I couldn't help it that it was my turn to ask, and neither can anyone else. Although I rambled on a bit, my point is that there needs to be some way to collect all this good information and experience that keeps scrolling by.

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 11-23-99).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

very well said. you should write a damn book on OC'ing and with all the knoledg you have and will all of us here we couls make it great. with all the diferant combows we all have, well abit is the major one.. but any how write a damn book it'll usfull 4 those not online or that want and need to read the info right as there doing the overclocking. i know i would liek to have been able to read some postes while i was doing mine.
    "Is it worth it to give your heart away, and live for a great period of joy, risking the chance to have your heart broken? If your heart does get broken, was it worth it to give it away? - Me"

I overclocked everything (cpu/mem.)
    read my story @ the o/cng page..
    Pascal Dautzenberg

Now thats a real good idea!
    When I look at my mailbox at work, it's 60% work and 40% people asking what CPU or mobo they should get, why their computer is bluescreening when oc'ing etc. I apreciate all these mails, but sometimes it's too many so I can't reply to all.

A site dedicated for oc'ers with FAQ, mailing-lists or something like that would help newbies alot, and I think it could be quite interesting to old members of the "oc-society" as well. Why not share all the good(crazy) ideas of yours to the rest of the world?? Why not have a database of "how to" and why? Heck, how many oc'ers are there really worldwide?

Unite goddamn!!

I like that idea - let's set up an O/C UG!! We could have local chapters, annual meetings around the country... Let's see if we can get gore to subsidise it - heck we wouldn't be able to do all this information exchange if he didn't invent the internet now would we??? ::duck and run::

Seriously though, an OCUG would be fun - anyone in the philly area???
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Well, sounds like fun but what would you do at one of these meetings? Stand around and look at the hosts computer? Or would the members all bring there own comps? Would the host buy a new cpu and see how high the group could overclock it before the night was over? Could be an on going project that the club could work on at meetings. If everyone brought their comps it would be a lan party before the night was over.

------------------
    You did what to who's dog for how many jellybeans?
    You did what to whos' dog for how many jellybeans?

We can rent an industrial walk-in freezer and have o/c tournaments!! "Starting at default speed, the first person to successfully o/c their CPU to 300mhz above stock and boot into windows gets a shiny gold heat sink. <drool>

------------------
    www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored/framemoney.html
    Make money surfing the net!
    I'm not racist! I have a color TV!

www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored

I purchased the domain <a href="http://www.waterinside.com">Water Inside</a> this summer for my water cooling project, but unfortunately with college crap and HS in general I havent had enough time to work on it. Im wondering if a couple people wanna help me out with it. I really want to turn it into an alternate cooling site but right now anything will do. I would really like help from people such as TNproud2b who are willing to take risks and are innovative.

------------------
    - QuaNtaX "God. Root. Whats the difference ?" - Pitr

- QuaNtaX "God. Root. Whats the difference ?" - Pitr

We all need to form a rebellion against the evil people who say that ocing is bad. Wow big deal when you oc you take life away from the chip. Lets form an overclocking guerrilla rebellion!!!
    Does anybody think that they can actually start an ocing club online?
    I would definately join.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I got one last question.
    I might be getting an ABIT BP6 and im gonna put in 2 400MHz cellys.
    Does anyone know if you can overclock both of the CPUs?

Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

Yes you can overclock both CPU's, however the c400a's may only make 450 and be stable at 500 eg 83 mhz fsb setting can stoop some Hard disks.

If you get real lucky they will both do 600 eg 100mhz fsb, but don't expect this, just hope for it.

Helping others is great fun, i just only wish that more people would say thank you, cause no one ever thanks you at work when their computers are running perfectly, but when it fails all hell brakes loose.
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

Luke i am your father!!!!
    yeah thanks for helping me with that
    So can somebody create a website for an overclocking club?
    I'm not the the best overclocker right now though.
    The best that I've ever overclocked was a celly 400 to 550.
    I just dont want to waste a lot of money buying a $100 liquid cooling system on a cpu thats gonna be dead in a year after overclocking so high.
    But i still think its fun overclocking all of my friends cpus.

We have got to keep this topic going until someone actually satrts an overclocking club!!
    So keep on posting!!

Really if someone is to take it upon them selves to make a site to do this they are gonna have to have a lot of time on thier hands to answer questions. unless they will not except email. hehehe. It would be nice to have a website that you could go to when you have a question especially for newbee's.

Some one post the info on it if they decide to start one or find one on the web already running.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

I'll go check right now.
    I found the best search engine
    http://www.go2net.com/
    its cool
    it searches all of the big search engines and steals their results

Thread Information