help with peltiers
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: help with peltiers

help with peltiers

I am about to buy a 650e to overclock, and was thinking about getting a peltier. I don't know much about them. I have read a lot and the main thing I hear is condensation can be a problem. How exactly do they work and am I going to blow something up trying to put it in? I saw a kit somewhere to mount to my alpha p3125, but can't remember where. Also I have an Abit be6 do you think I can get very high with this, or do I need a new motherboard. Thanks for the help.

Well, My suggestion is to Get an alpha heatsink, and run it like that for awhile, as , if you have good memory/ you should have no problem hitting 865 with your chip. Run your chip for awhile, and enjoy it.... And then in the meantime read some posts on peltiers/ articles etc.. then decide for yourself. Condensation can destroy a chip/ quickly... As to your Be6... I don't know how well it runs at high fsb... I will know soon tho, as I am awaiting a Be6-2 as we speak.... Peltiers are great for extreme cooling, but not needed on a cumine for normal overclocks, as the cumine runs a bit cooler than the Katmai.

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

I have to agree with Big Lar. I tried using peltiers a few months back and it just became a big mess (we are talking electrocution, soldering, burning, and ultimately cursing). Your chip will overclock just fine with your motherboard and a really good heatsink so clock it up and have fun.

Thread Information