Moderator of this forum (please read)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator of this forum (please read)

Moderator of this forum (please read)

I have taken over temporarily as moderator of this forum until a suitable replacement can be found....

Please submit an email to me (mjarmark@internet.com) with suggestions for moderators of this forum...I will tally up votes for people and at the end of the week (sunday), I will set up the person who I feel is most suitable and who you, the users, feel should be made moderator...

Thanks for your time...

------------------
    Michael Jarmark
    http://www.internet.com

Cool, we get a say, and while you're at it why don't you see if you can get the search working. We do discuss overclocking and new ideas, but we spend most of our time helping those poor new guys by answering questions we have answered umpteen times. When I first came to HWC the search worked and it helped me a great deal.

I was able to find all the info I needed without ever posting a thing. Maybe that is the point, you want me to post.

Well, I bookmarked you because of how easy it was to find an answer. Had it been like it is now, I would have moved on!

mjarmark

Yes I agree on the search engine, check here for the feelings of most of the regulars

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/003013.html

We are not just making a fuss as a fix is really long overdue, and would really be a huge asset to help us help the people with problems. I'm even willing to help if it require compiling previous posts.

BladeRunner

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 02-14-2000).]

Who Want's to do It

I have a few people in mind but I won't suggest anyone unless they say the want to do It. reply here if you want to have a go at being a moderator.

Regards BladeRunner

Blade: I've allready mailed mjamark, and I took the liberty to point you out in addition to some others(below). Hope it's OK with you

There are a bunch of good men out there.
    However, a mod MUST be as unbiased as possible, and be able to keep his head cool. He must also be a frequent visitor of the board. My candidates is as follows (not in any specific order):

BladeRunner
    NiteOwl
    SadSadPanda
    Rich
    jopey (unfortunally unable to post right now due to the problems we all know about)
    TNproud2b

Finally, In all my modisty, I'd like to voluteer for being a mod on this board. (If you feel comfortable having a guy that puts water in his computer as a moderator, that is)

Good luck!

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverresjo/duckman.htm
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

[This message has been edited by Duckman (edited 02-14-2000).]

I don't know about that Duckman, I'd be much happier if it was Whiskey . I Would love to have a go, But I would want to do the job Justice and with the Motoracing starting soon I will be away for periods.

Also Until April When a flat rate Internet billing comes in, the Phone charges for local calls in the UK is bordering on extorsion !!

However If I'm on here a lot so I'll willingly give it a go If I'm voted in.

Anyway I'd get ruled out by the SCTP, That's the Society for cruelty to Peltiers. For running mine at 18volts He He He

BladeRunner

I think anyone one of Duckman's canadiate (including Duckman) would be a good choice.

I agree whit NiteOwl
    but Duckman forgot some they all got names starting whit Nega
    BladeRunner i was thinking of using wiskey in my cooler but i dont know if i can leave it alone then

------------------
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

Any of the Members that Duckman listed would make fine candidates (including Duckman). They seem to be all knowing and always around. Might as well make one or more of them moderators. They already have the respect of most if not all of the O/Cers in this forum.

Please continue to post comments to this board as well as email me (if you email me, please point out it's the cases, cooling, overclocking forum you are voting the person in for)

Thanks!

------------------
    Michael Jarmark
    http://www.internet.com

I concur with the above nominations.
    I'm not racist! I have a color TV!

www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored

BTW, it's an honour just to be nominated ... and .... they love me, they really do love me

LOL, and I agree with the nominations.

I was nominated!
    But seriously, I think that we should have more than one moderator. I totally agree w/ Duckman's nominations but the hard thing is to find out who. Is there someone who was nominated but doesnt want to do it before I vote. I would definately do it.

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is no sex in the Champagne room.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I think it would be a good Idea to have two Modertors, as I person can't be on here all the time. One from The US and another from an opposite time zone maybe, as HWC is pretty international.

Also while we are fixing things, could someone please give jopey back his membership. He doesn't know what he did wrong, but promises not to do what ever he doesn't know he did again .

BladeRunner

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 02-14-2000).]

Thread Information