One great 300A & one bad? 366 PPGA
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: One great 300A & one bad? 366 PPGA

One great 300A & one bad? 366 PPGA

Good news:

I have a BE6 with a week 31 Malaysian 300A in an ASUS slotket 370D which booted straight into Windows 98SE at 450 100FSb and 2.0v. I've been on the net for one hour and have had no problems yet.

Hardware Doctor says the CPU temp is 34 C and the probe near but not touching the heatsink is 36 C. I've had Rain 2.0 running for 30 min and the CPU temp has not gone down. Is Rain 2.0 just b.s.?

Bad news:

I have a week 28 Malaysian 366 and yet in the same slotket with the same heatsink/fan (it has a pad) it won't get even get into Windows at 2.2v. I'm very surprised. I wonder if I'll be wasting my time lapping it and slapping on thermal grease and a larger heatsink/fan combo if I have to run it at 2.3v. I only want to run it at 100FSB and not at 83 because I don't want problems with hard disk or video card.

Hehe, that's kinda funny. Read my post:
    http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/003337.html

Yes, Donovan, I actualy read that thread before I posted and that's why I made the comment re Rain 2.0. I posted a new thread because I was hoping for some suggestions re the 366. Info, like what percentage of week 28 Malaysian 366 do run at 550 at 2.0v or less. If the figure is sonething like 70% then I'll give up and just say I was unlucky.

The system has ben up 90 min now and the probe temp has gone up to 37 and the CPU temp is on 34 with Rain 2.0 running. I have not seen any fall in the CPU temp at all. I will tape the probe to the heatsink tomorrow and I'll try Cpuidle as well. I'll run my ssytem tomorow during the day with the case cover on so that will be a tougher test.

Sorry, that should read "at 2.20v or less..."

Thread Information