1 processor in BP6?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 1 processor in BP6?

1 processor in BP6?

Can anyone tell me what socket I would run a single processor in on a bp6? I've tried running in socket one without any success so far.....
    Does it make a difference?

[This message has been edited by Donovan (edited 02-15-2000).]

Usually (I think) they are labelled Socket 0 and Socket 1. If so, you have to put it in Socket 0.

If you have a coppermine and are trying to run it in a Bp6...I'm not sure that the Bp6 supports the coppermine, and that might be your problem...

------------------
    Close Windows and Open Doors.

"There are only two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

On an BP6 it dosent mater what socket you use
    it detects the prosessor in either. And BP6 dosent suport coppermines and There was a rumor floating around about Iwill having a product called the Slocket IIe (FC-PGA to PPGA converter). This rumor is false.

------------------
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

I have a BP6 with 1 cpu a 500 celly in
    the s/370 by the USB and p/port. it
    works great untel win 2000 falls in my lap.

------------------
    Junior Member for life EC-PC
    Junior Member for life EC-PC

Well, this is exactly what happened. I first put the processor cel 366 in socket 1. They are labeled 1 & 2. I first booted at 366 successfully. Then I went to 550. Locked up at post. Would not reboot. So I cleared cmos, rebooted at 506. Booted, went to windows, locked up after a few minutes. Cleared cmos and it wouldnt boot this time. Tried clearing cmos again, no go. Waited 10 minutes rebooted and it came up again. After that it started crashing eventually at any speed I try. There's one thing I'm worried about. I attatched my oversized hs improperly the first time and it looked like I was bending the mobo a bit from the stress. I'm hoping it didnt mess up the socket. It seems to be workin fine in socket 2...
    ????

By the way. Windows 98 doesn't utilize the second cpu if running two of them right? If thats the case I wonder how I'll know if its that cpu socket? Looks like I might have to write to Abit

Thread Information