Search Engine, Are you all sure I'm the only one that wants it ????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search Engine, Are you all sure I'm the only one that wants it ????

Search Engine, Are you all sure I'm the only one that wants it ????

This is the last time I'll bring this up as on many other occasions that I have, nobody seems interested. The search engine still doesn't work.

If the site had a good seach engine then it would help in answering and solving problems much quicker. I quite often see a question that I or someone else has answered well a few months back and it would be far less time consuming to be able to refer back to it eaisly. Scanning back through the pages to find the thread is tedious and sometime impossible to find.

If the seach engine worked, new members could be given clear instructions to use it first to save them time before posting a topic.

This was highlighted to me recently when I had an install error with Q3, I tried all the usual stuff and no joy went to a Q3 site that had about 10 forums typed in the error message - choose seach in all forums - got double figure matches, (can't remember how many now), of which three were the answer I was looking for, went away and fixed it without posting anything. excellent!

So go on then tell me to either shut up about the search engine or post here if you agree and we'll try to get something done about it.

BladeRunner

p.s It's one of the banners on this site that's made me get on my soap box again. It says something about "improve your search engine" do HWC check out their own adds????

I agree, the search engine is long overdue. Fix it. Or at least stop pretending to have a search engine.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! A LOT OF GOOD POSTS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND AGAIN(Like the first time I brought up a TEC-question, and one guy(flavio or Baloney-flappety-flapping-flaps, I think)told a story about penguins and all kinds of stuff breeding in my case etc). This would be a GREAT improvement to this BBS!

And YES: IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT, STOP PRETENDING YOU HAVE ONE!!!!!!! IT JUST MAKE YOU LOOK STOOPID!!!

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverresjo/duckman.htm
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    I had fleas and ticks but I bathed in low fat milk and now I only have ticks.

[This message has been edited by Duckman (edited 01-31-2000).]

Yes i agree!!!

We want the search engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If ya ppl cant make it work, please remove it!! then i wont be bothered with trying to use it all the time!

We want the search engine!!!!!

------------------

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    I support your cause Bladerunner. Give a search engine, or give us death.

------------------

-Goff
    -Goff

a search engine would save us from having to type a tutorial on how to ... every four days. But hey, I am just gald HWC is back online (I have to go and click on some banners now ... it's become a superstitious thing with me ... HWC, please don't leave me in the dark again ... kidding).

Count me in. There is allot of useful info in those past threads. We need to be able to link to it for newbies and our own use.

------------------
    Please stop the technology, I want to get off!
    Please stop the technology, I want to get off!

Yes, damnit!

Anyone seen the banner down below?
    For me it was one about search engines
    Maybe they are into someting here.

------------------
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

i have seen posts similar to this last year but i cannot remember when specifically.

somebody please make it work...
    neildlb

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    While they are fixing things maybe they could fix the search feature. Keep this going Bladerunner.

------------------

-Goff
    -Goff

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the search engine a part of UBB ?
    Since the administrators of this site have problems simply adding a gaming forum, either there is something seriously wrong with their system, or they do not have the knowledge necessary. Either way I would not get my hopes up about them fixing the search engine, as that would be a more difficult operation than adding a forum.

BTW, I do support the idea of having a working search system.

WANT ONE.....

------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...
    * OCN Hellspawn *
    ------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

Great minds think alike...I posted a similar request in the "General" section...got encouragement on the idea from MSBHVN...got to have it, and if I reall, didn't it use to work? Either that or I've been on too many boards and have them confused!

I think there should be a better search engine too . Someone see if Toolbox can try to talk with Sander Sassen

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is no sex in the Champagne room.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

Thread Information