Hey dudes, I'm back,Check out my new site!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hey dudes, I'm back,Check out my new site!

Hey dudes, I'm back,Check out my new site!

Well, I sure have missed you guys and no, my K62 didn't fry, it's still right here as bald as an egg. But, I put up a site finally and it's not got a lot of over clocking stuff(yet), there will be a section. It is going to have odd stuff, alternative and computer related news, MP3, 3D, Linux, and whatever else I want to put up. Yes, the beginners guide to total confusion!!! It isn't even named yet.Suggestions welcome.

http://www.ipa.net/~jsmith64/

Yankee

Did you go somewhere? Oh, I see what you've been doing. Nice site!! Are you going to have any MP3's? Its not illegal yet you know. I would actually like to setup a ftp server for MP3's, anyone have a suggestion on whats a good one to use?
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

No, I didn't win no vacation, but I haven't been around in a while. I need a link to the hooch cooler, lost it I guess. As for MP3, it will mostly be news, and law, like who's sueing who etc, and new software I hear about. Overclocking is wide open, look at that hooch cooler...need a link to it?? Need some Linux geeks too, and you HTML experts. Graphics & 3D too!

Yankee

Hmmm...Not bad. Not bat at all. Now I really have to do something to my site

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverresjo/duckman.htm
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

A great ftp program I use is Serv-U

It is very straightforward and you should be able to understand it right away. Has a great GUI

Combine it with dynip and people can access yourname.dynip.net port xxxx to access your ftp instead of an ever changing ip address (unless you have cable or dsl and ur ip will always be the same)

Zen

------------------
    Email Jp7@Crosswinds.Net
    URL http://www.crosswinds.net/jp7

"There is no pain you are receding, The distance ship smokes on the horizon. You are only coming through in waves, Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying........... I have become Comfortably Numb."
    Load*,8,1
    FlySpek@Telocity.Com

<< I fought for AnandTech and was killed by friendly fire >>

It Will Always Be Remembered: http://anandforums.gisystech.com/mes...hreadid=160931

You know that is herione don't you, the stuff that makes you comfortably numb??? Maybe you've never seen the movie, "The Wall".

"One Of These Days" is my favorite Floyd tune.

Serv-U is great!! I really didn't want to download and test a bunch before I found one that I liked. Thanks.

I have the ftp site up for testing (no MP3's yet). IP is 63.224.22.117 (anonymous access of course).

ftp://63.224.22.117

Theres no speed limit yet but I only have a 256K line. I need to max it out so I can have some idea of what limits to set. Eventually I will have a web site that links to the ftp site.

[This message has been edited by MasterMind (edited 02-13-2000).]
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

Yes I've seen the wall. It's in my collection of favorites, but I didn't know the exact drug was heroine.

Anyways I checked out Yankee's sight and love that ICQ page! I've done sent out url's to all the stupid people on my list with that URL.. Wonder if they'll get the picture?

Later

Zen

------------------
    Email Jp7@Crosswinds.Net
    URL http://www.crosswinds.net/jp7

"There is no pain you are receding, The distance ship smokes on the horizon. You are only coming through in waves, Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying........... I have become Comfortably Numb."
    Load*,8,1
    FlySpek@Telocity.Com

<< I fought for AnandTech and was killed by friendly fire >>

It Will Always Be Remembered: http://anandforums.gisystech.com/mes...hreadid=160931

I am pretty good at HTML, but all I know is code. I haven't tried any of HTML building progs yet. I am also currently in an HTML programming class.
    T-Bird 1000Mhz @ 1200Mhz(109.09(218.18DDR))FSB 1.65v
    MSI K7T Pro2-A(MS-6330)
    128 PC133 Crucial @ 145.45 CAS 2
    Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS(230/366)12.41
    SB Live!
    Maxtor 20GB 7200RPM 2MB cache
    40x Asus
    TDK VeloCD 16/10/40/32A
    KDS VS-195 19"
    Netgear 10/100
    3-button Logitech
    Wyndoze ME

Zen, I don't know for a fact it was herione either, but it seems to be by the way he acts. It ain't coke!

Master Mind: I know what you mean about trying 50 programs to find a good one. I like WarFTP, very popular, easy and free. It also supports ratios.

Mr_Incubus: Homesite is the best HTML editor in my book. It has text, browse, and design mode. Design mode allows drag and drop! But, I just use the text and brouse modes. I'm no expert, but I can get a page together. If you look at my source you'll see that it needs cleaned up.

Right now I'm just slapping together the frame and tring to get some content.
    Would like to get a lot of traffic because people always express their opinion and I'd like to see what they think.

I found a message board you can add to a site, :-), but I'd like to find a good free one and also a site tracker.

Cool site! Check out mines...can i add it to my links?

------------------
    Visit My Site At:

http://ultimate3d.quakecity.net

BiOtCH,

Sure you can add me to your links. I don't have a lot of content yet, but plan to add more this week...Only been up four day, just building.

And your site rocks, I'll add you as a link too. I'm gonna be on your site a while!

Hey guys, go check out BiOtCH's site! This "kid" is only 15 and on the right track. I have a son who is 16, he is 6' 6" already, I'm 6' 5" and his mother is 6', so he can't miss 6' 8". I have cousions 6' 10". Anyway, when he was 5 he told me he was going to be a "ball star" and be rich and me nor his mother would never have to worry about bills again, he was going to take care of us. I am still trying to get him into computers as a backup because we all know that will be here tomorrow. I was a computer salesman when he was too young to remember, because I never liked basket ball. The coach about kicked my butt...it ticked him off he had some tree that didn't want to play!

So I say we say hooray when we see a fine young man like BiOtCH making his mark in the world and it's not by Rap & Crap!

If he just avoids all the mistakes that some of us has made, this country may have a chance!

By the way, my ex does have legs from here to hell!!!! I'll post you all a pic on my site!!

Thread Information