Where's the best place to put fans?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Where's the best place to put fans?

Where's the best place to put fans?

Iv'e got a amd k62-450 not oc'ed (cpu temp is at 39c while I type, 47c while runninng 3d mark) Ive got a standard h/s fan and a front case fan blowing in. Got 2 more case fans coming. Where's the best place to mount these fans for best cooling? P.S. is blowing out the case and cpu fan is blowing onto H/S. Is this correct? Also this is my first system I've put together. I just pushed the thermal grease out of the tube onto the cpu , I did'nt spread it out evenly ,I just put it on like I was going to glue the pieces together.Was this the correct way to put the grease on? The reason I ask is because my temps get up to 53c but the H/S is luke warm when I touch it. Thought that maybe the heat was'nt getting to the H/S like its suppose to.One more question. Am I asking to many questions? Just tring to learn. And when you answer my questions ,your answering others questions too! Thanks for the help, Im new to this OC'ing and have really learned alot in here.

[This message has been edited by RC159 (edited 02-14-2000).]
    Popular Mechanics, 1949
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."

cpu fan is blowing onto H/S.
    If you got an alpha you have to turn the fan around whit other you have to try
    I just pushed the thermal grease out of the tube onto the cpu , I did'nt spread it out evenly ,I just put it on like I was going to glue the pieces together.
    Remowe all that grease and aply an thin layer evenly on the cpu then you rubb the cpu together whit the H/S
    Am I asking to many questions? .
    No

------------------
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

Ok the question on fans is hard to answear...cuz it depends on your case... but a good rule is to have as many fans blowing in cool air as sucking out hot air...also make sure it can circulate in your case...soem have better results when closing other holes in the case making it as a tunnel...other not...test it...

------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...
    * OCN Hellspawn *
    ------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

Thread Information