P3 650 @ 845 on air...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: P3 650 @ 845 on air...

P3 650 @ 845 on air...

Well that's all I can get for now! VERY stable, I hit 5188 on 3D mark 2k, 61 FPS on simple treemark. Looks like time for a peltier...

P3 650 on ASUS P3V4X (VIA 133A)
    256 MB EMS HSDRAM
    Leadtek GeForce DDR

------------------
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

YOU C0"#k!!!

Well done!!!

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverresjo/duckman.htm
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

Let us know more this mobo as you are the first few here to have one.

Benchmarks on other thing are appreciated!!

Thanks!!

keep on squeezing those MHz outta that 650e. I know there is at least another 65 MHz in there! Good luck!
    BTW, this is sorta interesting. I pop the stock fan/heatsink off my CL GeForce and I stuck a Pentium s7 heatsink/fan on it, then I took the stock heatsink/fan from the GeForce and I twist tie that onto my BX chip! Bladerunner might want to try this as I am sure he has/will pop the stock h/s off his CL DDR and he too can't accomodate a really large h/s for his BX chips (on accounts of the overhanging Alpha). Anyhow, good luck!

NiteOwl

Hadn't thought of that I'll do that with the Geforce heatsink as I removed the retail one some time ago.

Before I removed the retail heatsink it got to 78C when overclocked and It might have gone higher if it were not for mobo monitor's alarm going off.

So with the P1 166 heatsink mounted to it on a piece of 3mm thick copper plate and thermal compound between them all, a fan from the Alpha 3125 heatsink and a case temp of 24C It runs between 43C and 56C, I don't know how I can get it much lower until I nail the Peltier that's comming on it.

The fan specs according to www.3dfxcool.com are 60mm x 25mm dual ball 27.2 cfm and I have one of those on the heatsink and one blowing accross the card. I can't see how I can make it much better without active cooling??

BladeRunner

Bladerunner, have you put any heat sinks on the DDR's ram chips? People have been sticking them on with thermal epoxy and "claiming" higher o/c speeds.

I have been letting this chip settle in @ this speed running lots of apps and checking stabilty, if it isn't stable I will back down until I make the changes that will make it so (or not!) After all, what good is a unstable platform???

I really have to change this old 366! I feel like a slow poke!
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information