2 Questions...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 2 Questions...

2 Questions...

Hi all.. I have 2 questions.. Maybe some of you can help...

1) - How can I tell the speed of my RAM? I know its PC133 - but I wanan check the 'ns' on it.. is there a way to check that??

2) Whats the best and most accurate software for checking the processor temperature? My old M/B had that feature built in, my new one (Tyan Trinity 400 S1854) Doesn't have that feature..

Thanks all!

------------------
    "What would Brian Boitano do??"

To find the "ns" for your RAM, try looking for the last number on the RAM chip (those black chips). It should be between 5 and 10 on the RAM in the pc I think. RAM for videocards would be some lower, the CPU cache go even lower.

------------------

Good idea. Look at the chips. You want to see something with an 8 or less. Usually the last digit on the chip will be something like "-8" or "-7" or "7ns" etc. This would reflect the speed of the memory chip in nanoseconds. You can easily look up the part number you see using a semiconductor cross-reference guide. This will tell you if the chips are compatible with the bus speed you want to run them on. If the DIMMs you have are 10nanosecond, they probably are not PC133. You want 7 or 8 ns speed. SisoftSANDRA will tell you info about the DIMMs that are installed on your motherboard. Click on "mainboard info" and it will return the name of the manufacturer and hopefully even the speed of the DIMMs. Don't freak out if it says your PC133 is PC100, its apparently a common problem with SANDRA. It will usually give you the DIMM part number and manufacturer so its easy to find out more.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Good! Now I know how to check for RAM speed.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you are still unsure, as I had some Generic PC100 @ 143Mhz fsb some time ago and that was identifyed as high density (64bit) Toshiba PC100 CAS 2 (222) 8 ns, by MS at this memory site:-

www.lostcircuits.com

BladeRunner

Thread Information