Pair of chips for BP6
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Pair of chips for BP6

Pair of chips for BP6

Hello Everyone,

I recently Purched a rather nice 21" monitor (for 170 bucks aus)
    Now i need a new computer to go with it.
    I want, No NEED A dual cpu setup for doing alot of video & audio crunching.

I was just wondering what sort of dual celron setups people have been running/over clocking.

Experence can't Be bought , so do you mind if i borrow yours for the weekend along with a few blank cds. thanks.
    VG30DETT...
    nuff said

Celeron 366 SL36C if you're going to overclock it.

If not, then I guess the faster the better? 533?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I wold go for the 366 i am runing mine 2 stable at 605
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

Get a BP6 and two OEM SL36C. I have mine running at 616 w/ water cooling. When I play a game, I put them back down under 600.

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is no sex in the Champagne room.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

For video, you might be better with a single pentium or athlon.

------------------
    www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored

Pics of my computer v0.5b!
    I'm not racist! I have a color TV!

www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored

1 - Abit BP6 = $140 US
    2 - Celeron500's = $220 US

You can keep them at 500MHz or whenever you feel like it you can click on SoftFSB icon and raise FSB to 75MHz(562.5MHz). A C500 has better than a 90% chance of going 562 stable. You might not even need a big heatsink to do it. If you plan to use this machine for actual work(can't imagine that) then you really don't want a pair of 366's clocked all the way to 550. Besides, a guaranteed C366@550 costs as much as a C500. Even if you leave it at 500MHz, its a powerful system. Rainbow Six brings up another option, a fast single CPU would likely be just as good as two slower duals. You won't see a doubling of performance using 2 CPU's, you might get 40% more adding a second CPU. So, using that formula and taking the Celeron's default speed of 500MHz multiplied by 140% (500x1.4) the result would be equal to a 700MHz single CPU. This doesn't take into account any benefit you will see with multi-threaded apps on a dual machine. It will depend on how well your programs take advantage of 2 processors. Don't misunderstand me, you don't need to have any special software to use dual processors. The OS provides the MPS(dual)support, all programs can utilize both processors. But some programs are purposely optimized for dual cpu applications. Uh, they make a C533, too.

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 01-26-2000).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

I am running dual 400s @ 550 and they are stable at default voltage and oem cooling. They haven't given me any problems under win98 or win2k.

Que

Cool thanks for the Help.
    I think Ill probarly end up getting a couple of C500's at normal speed. Cos I dont want to have too much temprature problems if I leave my system on for a couple of days in a row.
    My room/workshop/lab gets hot enough with all the other crap I got jamed in it.
    VG30DETT...
    nuff said

Thread Information