366@605 impossible with air???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 366@605 impossible with air???

366@605 impossible with air???

I got one C366 on SOYO SY 6VBA+ 133 MB running 578@2.2V. I've tried to do 605@2.4V but I can't get it stable at that speed - booting Win98 noprobs, but any 3D game or CPU test like CPUMARK99 would crash, but sandra99 is OK !!!
    Will I get it stable if I get one or more peltier or nitrogen cooling?!?
    Or I can do it with air???
    The temp ain't a problem - 35 C is the MAX!!!

Also will more power ( 2.5V ) help me???
    I'll try this also!!!
    Todor
    mollov@mail.bg

Don't set the voltage over 2.3 volts. If it don't fly at 2.3 it won't work at 2.5 either. And yes, your temp is stopping you, but only because you're already at the limit of core speed. If you cool it a little better it will stabilize at 605MHz. Of course it might have to be cooled to room temp or less to do it. You have found the limit of air cooling.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Allrighty then, but at 2.3 it isn't as stable as if it's at 2.4V!!!

About the temp: how low should I get it to in order to make it working 100% at 605MHz???
    I don't think that 605 is the max of my core cos I can boot the BIOS and the POST screen at 682MHz@2.5V!!!
    Todor
    mollov@mail.bg

Every chip is different. If you are experiencing instability at your current speed and temperature, then you are essentially at the maximum speed of the core. It will always go faster if its colder, but you have likely reached the limit with air cooling based on the CPU temp you mentioned. It will be difficult to get any cooler using a heatsink. What I meant to say was you have reached the core's limit at the current temp, and getting it cooler won't be as easy as a heatsink. Also, raising the voltage adds stability at the expense of added heat. So you will lose that stability because the temp will rise and add its own instability. Seriously, anything over 2.3 volts can cause temps to get out of control in a hurry. Try running SETI for an hour at 2.4 volts and you'll see what I mean.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

So with temps near zero I can expect more???
    Todor
    mollov@mail.bg

Xriz has his two celeron 366's at 605 on Abit BP6 with one Tom Leufkens TEC's and 3dfxcool'ers on each. Temps are like 20-26C.

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverresjo/duckman.htm
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.

Is 10C so important - I mean I'm running at 35C, so lowering the temp to 25C might let me do 600+ MHz???
    Todor
    mollov@mail.bg

Is 10C so important - I mean I'm running at 35C, so lowering the temp to 25C might let me do 600+ MHz???
    Todor
    mollov@mail.bg

Thread Information