My New System...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New System...

My New System...

Heres the current setup of the new system I'm putting together: (If anyone cares!)

Case: Eye 910 (10 x 5.25 External Bays)
    MB: Tyan Trinity 400 S1845
    CPU: Intel P3 600 (Waiting for a PIII 800)
    Mem: 3 x 128MB PC133 (384 total)
    HD: 9.1GB HP SCSI UltraWide (C: drive)
    HD: 27.3GB Maxtor ATA/66 (D: Drive)
    CDRW: Ricoh 7060S SCSI (6x4x24)
    CD: Plextor UltraWide 40x SCSI
    CD: Plextor Ultra 40x SCSI
    CD: NEC 40x SCSI
    CD: Kenwood 72X IDE
    DVD: Creative 5x IDE
    Internal Zip 250 IDE
    Sound: Creative SB Live! Platinum
    Video: Creative/nVidea Annihilator Pro AGP (DDR)
    SCSI: Adaptec 2930U2
    Monitor: 21" NEC
    Internet Connection: DSL

I have all of this stuff sitting around, waiting to get put together - Once the case finally arrives...

I ordered a S&F 12x Mach Rocket CD-RW to replace the 6x I have.. It should be here in a few weeks.. I'm also waiting for a SCSI 10X DVD to be available to replace the 5x IDE

------------------
    "What would Brian Boitano do??"

Blame Canada!

If ya got any spare change, toss it my way

Hey man, where did you order that S&F 12X from? I've looked for it everywhere.

When you get it together with the 800 and all that ram post some benchmarks, I want someone to beat me soon, It'll give me the motivation to get my active cooling system up and running

PIII 700Mhz @ 820Mhz (7x117fsb @ 1.75v)
    Abit BF6
    320mb SDRAM
    (64mb PC100 8ns Toshiba)
    (256mb PC133 Mushkin 5ns)
    Geforce 256 Annihilator Pro DDR (140/340)
    Soundblaster Live
    (300Watt P\S)
    Wyn Doze 98 SE

Alpha 3125 with Rain and eight other fans....CPU 26C to 35C....Sys 24C to 25C....Geforce 42C to 63C

BladeRunner

In two months time I am gonna get a 600e or faster and o/c it to 900+ MHz with FSB 150 and my existing CL DDR and HSDRAM on a BX mobo. We'll see some benchmark then (assuming my bank account doesn't fail me or my gf finds out).

NiteOwl, please post a pic of your sexy girlfriend. I'm dying to see what kind of girl has her own overclocked 'puter. Why would she get mad if you bought a coppermine? Does she want one, too? Lucky ***.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Why the hell do you need 4 damn cd-roms. Your getting 3 40x scsi's and a 72x eide. Why?

6$man... you know I used to say that about systems with multiple CD-ROM's, now that I actually have 4 CD Drives in my system I undestand.

Plextor UltraPlex 40Max
    Plextor UltraPlex 40UltraWide
    Plextor PlexWriter 8/20
    Creative DVD-Drive

I'm going to get rid of the DVD Drive soon because I don't seem to like having wires connected to my EIDE ports.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I don't know why I need 4 CD-Roms - Its cause I can...

I actually have a Nacamchi 5 disc SCSI CD Changer (5 x 16) that I'm not even putting in that system.. It slows it down drastically.. I jsut like having the drives..

I guess It makes it easier.. I can leave Madden 2000 in one, NHL 2000 in another, StarWars Pod Racer in a 3rd, and have one left over to use as I need it (Thats lazy when you don't even want to move to switch CD's)

As for the S&F, They have it at the CompUSA by my house..

I dont really want any IDE devices either, but I'll 'settle' for them now.. I like the 72x - and so far, thats only IDE) - I dont mind having an 'extra' 27GB drive, and thats ATA66/Ide, They dont make an Internal ZIP 250 SCSI (Why, i have no idea) - So I got my IDE 250 last night (Same speed as a SCSI according to Iomega) - and the DVD Is only there til a 10x SCSI comes out.. (like I ever use it.. I have a Panasonic L50 portable DVD, and its SWEET - I dont use my PC's DVD anymore...)

So, thats my story and I'm stickin' with it!

------------------

Blame Canada!

Uncle ****a,
    How dare you take my idea for a screen name. Now I will call you everything offensive in that movie. ****-faced cockmaster, donkey-raping **** eater, Uncle ****er, Big bloody frozen tampon popsicle, and BARBARA STRIESAND!!!

Oh yeah to everyone, these lines were from the South Park Movie. So dont think I'm strange because I didnt make them up. Also why would you need 4 CDROMs? I have 2 DVD-ROM and CD-R. Both IDE. I need to get a good Scuzzy card.

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is no sex in the Champagne room.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

Why don't you go to www.*************.com and get the no cd patches for your games then you can sell the drives you don't need?

Bladerunner

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 01-21-2000).]

SadSadPanda.. Sorry.. Had I known you wanted it, I wouldn't have taken it... Wait - who am I kidding.. I still would have

As for having multiple CD roms - I love the idea.. and lets get it right - its 6 CD's.. I can always use my CD-RW and DVD as a Cd drive also..

its not solely an issue with playing games - When I burn music CD's, I can make a disc image first, and instead of having to flip from one CD to another - I can let it go through 5 drives before i need to swap them out.. Wheni had the Nacamichi in - I could use up to 10 disc's before i had to change them.. Its a luxury - not a necessity..

I'm addicted to CD Drives.. I have a 300 disc changer in myroom for my music, 6 CD's on my PC - hell - at my old job,I installed a 2nd CD drive, so I wouldnt have to stop listneing to music when I installed software

------------------

Blame Canada!

Yes, What would Brian Boitano do?

By the way how much does the system cost in the end?

TNproud2B:
    sorry about not replying. I was doing a mobo swab (got my P3BF back today and swapping out my BF6). She would kill me if I get a Cumine cuz "I am wasting money". Man, sometimes I wish I had the freedom you have.

BTW, she still thinks I have a CL TNT2 but I already upgraded to a CL DDR GeForce ... hahaha ... to her they all look green with lil black chips on it. And she has no idea about my PIII 500 detour (what a waste of time and money that was).

And oh yeah, sorry, I don't have a scanner or a digital camera or a picture of her on file.

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 01-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 01-22-2000).]

Thread Information