pIII 533E... Let's try this again!!!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pIII 533E... Let's try this again!!!!!

pIII 533E... Let's try this again!!!!!

There's a couple of you who insist that there is no such thing as a 533E (coppermine), I realise that we went over this before....but, I've talked to a couple of suppliers who insist they can get me one and I also found a 533E on overclockers.com. Now that I think we have that settled, what can I o/c it to so I won't have probs with an asus V6600 (Geforce)?

Thanks

Here we go again That 533E is an error!!!!that's why when you try to pull down specs it lists as 0 found.

They make a 533B (512 cache 133mhz FSB) slot one.
    They make a 533EB (coppermine, 256 cache 133mhz FSB) slot one.

They are as confused as the rest of us by Intels stupid marketing practices.
    Save us all a headache and get yourself a 600E they are down to $365 and have a better multiplier. (especially than a non-existant chip!)

------------------
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

INTEL doesn't claim to offer a 533E.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

I think I know what is happening here!!
    There is a 533 Celeron maybe that's where the confusion lies???

If these retailers can get you one ask them for the Intel part#

------------------

[This message has been edited by Maxout (edited 01-23-2000).]

Hehe, Maybe the 533E only sells in Canada Eh?....just kidding. Anyway what I'll do is have them get me one I'll take a look at it and see for myself, I'm guessing there is a visible difference. They should come out with a better system since most of the places here in Montreal insist there is a PIII 533E ($495 cnd). By the time this is solved the 600E will probably be the same price, so chances are I'll end up with that anyway .

AND NO IT'S NOT A CELERON....I'M CONFUSED NOT ILLITERATE...LOL

http://www.microbytes.com/hard-e.htm#cpu

This is the place I buy my stuff...tell me if they have them listed properly.

This is the place that makes the processors, see if they list a 533E. This list is current, about 6 days old.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F

Yukon,
    I didn't mean you don't know, I meant that the retailer might have confused this. And lord knows a B and an E sound a lot alike on the phone???

------------------

As of 1-16-2000 Intel lists no data for a 533E (see chart above). They have no data sheet, they do not list it as available. They don't mention a 533E. Your retailer is wrong, you can order the chip and see for yourself. By the time we settle this argument Intel will probably offer a 533E any damn way.

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 01-23-2000).]

Alright TNproud2b, that chart is very helpful, but isn't the 533EB a coppermine?

Maxout....I wasn't really offended, just having a little fun.

You guys have been a big help. This will be my last post over the coppermine dilemma...time to move on Thanks

B denotes 133 MHz FSB. There is no way on earth you can get 533 MHz with a x/2 (x=whole number) multiplier and a 100 MHz FSB. The store in Montreal is either sloppy or has no idea what they are talking about. I also tried several places in Toronto and the sales people have no idea what I am talking about half the time. One time I called up a place asking for 500e, the salesperson told me they shipped their entire shipment back cuz no mobo supports it. Then I told him they would need new FC-slockets and new BX mobo like the P3Bf and BF6 and Be6v.2 would also support the new FC-slockets and he didn't believe me. I almost gave him a few URL so he can look it up himself. Trust me, I think the people in here are more up to date on hardware then most sales people I have met in Toronto.
    A Cumine with a 100 MHz FSB will be easier to o/c, leaves you more room to go up. Try to o/c when you are at 133 MHz FSB already and you don't have much room to go up. At like 140 and 150 MHz FSB you need really good RAM (like HSDRAM and Samsung G6 prefereble). My CL DDR is running at 140 MHz FSB. I also ran it at 99 Mhz AGP bus before too.

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 01-23-2000).]

Yes! the 533EB is a coppermine.
    As niteowl said it has a 133mhz FSB so OC is limited.

------------------

Hey TN, you wouldn't know where I can find the list (you posted) or something similar online?

Yukon, listen to NiteOwl, don't get the 133MHz FSB PIII. Go for 100MHz Cumine to give you some o/c head-room.

[This message has been edited by Fredo (edited 01-24-2000).]

Anything you would ever need to know about Intel processors can be found right here > http://www.intel.com/design/packtech/packbook.htm

Thread Information