I think I broke a law of physics.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I think I broke a law of physics.

I think I broke a law of physics.

The other day, I couldn't get my TNT2 Ultra to run at all right? hasn't been working for about 3 months because of waterdamage. Got my new 500e and plugged it in so as not to fry my warranty tnt2 nonultra. It worked, but not above 120 FSB with a 2/3 multiplier. Then today, I mounted an old p166 heatsink/fan on it and I'm up to 140 FSB, I need better cooling for my chip to go higher. The Really weird thing is that not only is it running at a 93.3 BUS, but I have it OVERCLOCKED. The memory is at 200 and the chip is at 160. I haven't even tried higher. It will run continuous loops of 3dmark 2000 without locking up.

HOW DID I ACCOMPLISH THIS????
    I'll have to modify my signature now.

------------------
    If it ain't broke, break it....And it just might work better.
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

What motherboard?

obviously a heatsink & fan will help.

What was the nature of the water damage? Water only conducts when its got electrolyte in it, and electrolyte only conducts when its damp... heheh maybe all the added heat and circulating air dried it out. (or maybe it dried out in storage?)

Most "water-damaged" semiconductor equipment can be restored simply by rinsing it in extremely pure distilled water. If there is corrosion, attempt to brush it off with a toothbrush while it is submerged in distilled water, then rinse with fresh distilled water.
    -zaphraud

It's on a bf6.

Water leaked onto it from my waterblock. It has a burned out resistor on it because it was on at the time. The water was anything but pure. It is still confusing me though, don't quite get what's going on.

------------------
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

When you find out how you did it please let me know so I can do it to my 366.

I wish I had the luck many of guys have?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Well I finally figured it out.

At some point I must've stepped down the AGP transfer width to 16MB instead of 64. However, I tested these and got the same score in 3dmark 2000 on both platforms
    Higher scores in 3dmark 99 and higher 3d scores but lower 2d scores in Final reality.
    This is in a jump from 583 to 700 in MHZ and a reduction from 64 to 16MB transfer width. Also, in both tests, the card was overclocked Cpu/mem 180/210. See you in q3a!

------------------

Thread Information